Posted by history on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 5:26pm.
i'm not sure where to find the answer to this question, I've searched google,..but it gives too much irrelevant information.please help
what led the government to evacuate Japanese Americans from the West Coast?
a. long-held prejudice, and fears inflamed by the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor
b. terrorist attacks by immigrants living on the West Coast
c. fear for the safety of Japanese Americans on the West Coast
d. refusal of the Nisei to accept United Sates citizenship
thanks alot guys!
history - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 5:37pm
There were no terrorist attacks in the continental U.S., nor were the Japanese-Americans threatened by anyone else. I've never heard about the Nisei refusing to accept U.S. citizenship.
That leaves the right answer.
Because the Japanese Americans had a different culture and looked different than the majority, the experienced a lot of prejudice. After the Japanese attacked Hawaii, many people on the West Coast feared that Japan might invade the mainland. Of course, they also believed that the Japanese-Americans might help any invading force.
history - GuruBlue, Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 5:38pm
Can you sort this down to two answers that might be possible?
history - history, Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 5:42pm
yea i think A and C..?
history - history, Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 5:58pm
soo.. A would be correct? Ms.Sue?.
history - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 6:14pm
Yes, A is correct.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- history - what led the government to evacuate Japanese Americans from the West ...
- history - I read up on most of the information concerning this subject, and I ...
- U.S. History (Check, Please!)(REED) - Write 2 paragraphs describing some of the ...
- U.S. History (Check)(REED) - Write 2 paragraphs describing some of the race ...
- us history - fears and predjuduces that led to the internment of Japanese-...
- History - Which conclusion is best supported by the decision to intern Japanese ...
- Social Studies - Why do you suppose internment camps were located in isolated ...
- World History- (Ms. Sue). - Prejudice is significant because it was what ...
- math - Could someone please check my History questions? Any help will be ...
- social studies - Contrast and compare the cultures of native Americans who lived...