Posted by mysterychicken on Monday, March 30, 2009 at 5:24pm.
A few more questions on Antigone; Can someone please check my answers?:
1. When Ismene and Antigone disagree in the first scene, Ismene says "You are unwise but a loyal friend indeed to those who love you." Is it an accurate picture of Antigone? Why or why not? Explain your answer.
Ans- I think this one might be on personal opinion but I think this is an accurate picture of Antigone because she may be unwise to break the law but she is loyal to her brother whom she loved and who loves her.
2. Compare and contrast Antigone and Creon in the beginning of the play.
Ans- In the beginning of the play, Antigone is loyal to her dead brother and brave to her brother; Creon is cruel in the beginning to make such a law.
Literature - Writeacher, Monday, March 30, 2009 at 5:28pm
1. sounds good.
2. Antigone, Ismene, and their brothers were all nieces/nephews to Creon. What does this say about his sense of family? Anything?
Literature - Writeacher, Monday, March 30, 2009 at 5:34pm
Chopsticks, your answer was not helpful. It's better to post nothing than to post unhelpful comments.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Antigone - compare and contrast the characters of Antigone and Ismene in 3 ways ...
- English - Caesar & Antigone - Can you check these questions? 1) Which is an ...
- antigone - In Ode 2 to what does the Chorus compare Antigone? a. a cresting wave...
- Literature-Antigone re: Bob pursely - In the ending of the version by Sophocles ...
- Literature- Antigone - Any good ideas for an alternate ending to Antigone?
- Literature;Antigone - Is the play Antigone based on a true story or not?
- Literature Antigone Part 2 Dialogue - Antigone: Haemon, are you making the right...
- Literature - I had a couple of questions about Antigone. 1. Teiresias says to ...
- Antigone - Write a paragraph or two in which you argue whether Antigone did the ...
- Literature- Antigone dialogue - This is my alternate ending to Antigone please ...