Posted by Jane on Monday, March 30, 2009 at 12:54pm.
Here's one more that I do not understand
A company estimates that the cost ($) of producing x units of a certain product is given by:
C= 800 + .04x + .0002x^2
Find the production level that minimizes the average cost per unit.
Thank you so much
Calculus - Reiny, Monday, March 30, 2009 at 12:58pm
your question makes no sense.
clearly C is increasing as x increases, and C will have a minimum of 800 when x = 0
Their best bet would be not to make any ???
check your typing, I think it should be -.002x^2 perhaps?
Calculus - Jane, Monday, March 30, 2009 at 1:04pm
Sorry for the typo - you are correct it should be -.002x^2
Calculus - Reiny, Monday, March 30, 2009 at 1:16pm
in that case, very easy
dC/dx = .04 - .004x
= 0 and solve for x
x = .004/.04 = ...
Calculus - Jane, Monday, March 30, 2009 at 2:21pm
I still do not see what the answer would be . Is x = .001
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Calculus - Here's another one that I do not really understand. A company ...
- Calculus - There was a typo in last question A company estimates that the cost...
- math - The daily cost C, in RM, of producing a product is C(x)=1000+72x-0.06x^2...
- Survey Of Calc - The cost C (in dollars) for producing x units of an item is ...
- Calculus - A company manufactures x units of one item and y units of another. ...
- calculus - The total cost of producing x units is C(q) = 2q3- 6q2-18q+108 (a) At...
- calculus - the cost (in dollars) of producing x units of a certain commodity is ...
- Calculus - The cost of producing x units of a certain commodity is C(x)=1000+5....
- Math - The cost of producing x units of a product is given by C(x)=800+120x?...
- Algebra - 83. Minimizing Marginal Cost The marginal cost of a product can be ...