Posted by Lalu on Sunday, March 29, 2009 at 1:53pm.
I just did a lab on Acids and Bases and I am having trouble with the lab questions I was given to complete.
Concentration of NaOH: 0.09999 M
Volume of NaOH: 3.25 mL
# moles of NaOH: 0.325 moles
Initial Concentration of Weak Acid: ? (How do we calculate this)
Part 2: Hydrolysis of Salts
a) Potassium Chloride has a pH of 7 and a yellow-green universal colour indicator. Explain with an equation to show hydrolysis
b) Sodium Acetate has a pH of 8 and a dark green universal colour indicator. Explain using equation
c) Ammonium Chloride has a pH of 5.5 and orange universal colour indicator. Explain using equations.
Part III: Buffers
Concentration of acetic acid (0.1 M volume used) : 20 mL
Concentration of sodium acetate (0.1 M volume used) : 25 mL
Concentration of hydrochloric acid (0.1 M volume used) : 5 mL
pH Measured of buffer solution: 4.55
pH Measured of buffer +5 mL of 01 M HCl: 4.20
We have to now determine the pH calculated for both solutions above.
I would greatly appreciate the help or any guidance to these questions. Thanks!
Chemistry - DrBob222, Sunday, March 29, 2009 at 5:08pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry (Acids and Bases) - I just did a lab on Acids and Bases and I am ...
- chemistry - Question about titration calculations in analysis of antacids lab. ...
- chemistry - So I did a titration lab at school with NaOH and HCl. i have to find...
- Chemistry 12 - Hi, I did the acid-base titration lab with HCl and 0.5M NaOH. I ...
- Chemistry (molarity) (sorta an emergency) - I'm doing a titration lab and ...
- Chemistry - I there, this is my lab worksheet, I am having trouble filling it ...
- Chemistry - For a chemistry lab the experiment was to carry out an acid-base ...
- CHemistry - im not sure how u solve these types of problems... How many moles of...
- Chemistry - Could someone please help me complete my lab experiment. Antacid ...
- Chemistry - I dissolved 4g of solid NaOH in 200mL of water. I converted grams of...