Posted by history on Friday, March 27, 2009 at 10:18pm.
Many senators opposed American entry into the League of Nations because
a. they feared it would weaken the country's independence
b. they disapproved of its other member countries
c. they wanted stronger promises of support from other countries
d. they had already approved the Versailles Treaty
- history - history, Friday, March 27, 2009 at 10:22pm
this is my last question...Ms.Sue can you help me please quickly
- history - Ms. Sue, Friday, March 27, 2009 at 10:22pm
The League of Nations was formed after World War I. Its goal was to bring many nations together to prevent another war. However, many Americans were tired of European conflicts and were afraid that the League was a first step toward a world government.
- history - history, Friday, March 27, 2009 at 10:24pm
so im not sure but is it B?
- history - Ms. Sue, Friday, March 27, 2009 at 10:26pm
No. The Americans who opposed the League of Nations were afraid that the U.S. wouldn't be as independent if other countries could tell us what to do.
- history - history, Friday, March 27, 2009 at 10:27pm
oh, ok got it
- history - Ms. Sue, Friday, March 27, 2009 at 10:28pm
:-) Have a great evening!
- history - history, Friday, March 27, 2009 at 10:30pm
you too, and thanks again for everything Ms.Sue, you're great!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- US History - 3. Many senators opposed American entry into the League of Nations ...
- History - 1) As a result of the Spanish American War, the US gained control of ...
- History - Using China as a case study, explore the entry of developing ...
- 7th grade social studies help please - The twentieth century–and the 1960s in ...
- Social Studies - Witch country brought basball to the central american countries...
- SS - 1. Which statement best describes nations? Nations must follow the laws set...
- English - 1. Passport, please. (What is the full form of this expression?) 2. ...
- History - Yes or no. To have a favorable balance of trade, a country must sell ...
- history - why did the "irreconcilable" senators oppose the Versailles Treaty? a...
- Ms. Sue PLZ HELP!!!(Civics) - Some countries in North America are richer in ...