Posted by Elle on Thursday, March 26, 2009 at 6:28pm.
Given the following values for f(t):
t : f(t)
3 : -7
6 : 6
9 : 19
12 : 6
15 : -7
18 : 6
a) What is the period, frequency, midline, amplitude, maximum, and minimum?
b)Find a possible formula for f(t)
c)Find the domain and range of f(t)
d)Find a formula for an inverse function of f(t). (Hint: you will need to restrict the domain)What is the domain and range of the inverse function?
- Pre-calculus - Damon, Thursday, March 26, 2009 at 6:58pm
It goes from -7 to -7, one period, in (15-3) = 12 second period
frequency = 1/period = 1/12
midline = (19-7)/2 = 6
single amplitude = 19-6 = 13 so double amplitude = 26
max = 19. min = -7
domain from 3 to 18 unless you let it go on the same shape from -oo to +oo
range from -7 to + 19
There is no inverse function for the whole thing because there are multiple values of x for the same y in the original, therefore multiple values of y for the same x in the invers
Therefore you will have to split it up in the original to the section from x = 3 o 9, then from 9 to 15 , then from 15 to 18 and it is a nice straight line in each.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- precal - The temperature of a chemical reaction oscillates between a low of 40 ...
- Pre-Cal - A Ferris wheel is 50 meters in diameter and boarded from a platform ...
- pre-calculus - find all values of x in (o, Pi) that satify the given equation ...
- pre calculus - evaluate if possible the function at the given values(s) of the ...
- pre-calculus - for the function f defined by: (x)=3x^2+3x+2;find the following ...
- Pre-Calculus - Find the period and, where appropriate, the amplitude of the ...
- pre calculus - Given that sinx= 3/5 and that x terminates in Quadrant 2 , ...
- Calculus, check my answers, please! - Could someone tell me if I'm right, and ...
- Pre-Calculus - Find the maximum and minimum values of the function for the ...
- Physics - Consider the following standing wave, (all units are SI) z=0.2sin(0.4y...