Posted by ryan on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 at 8:53pm.
Are these sentence types correct?
scientists are studying past diseases such as the Spanish flu, they
constantly worry about the next pandemic to strike.
Various research facilities, such as the World Health Organization, are continually studying various new diseases, and tracking old diseases.
Because the W.H.O. continues to track older strands of the
influenza virus, it records the evolution of a virus, and may be the
to warn the world of a new disease.
- english - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, March 24, 2009 at 9:04pm
Your first sentence is labeled correctly.
A compound sentence has two independent clauses. The sentence you labeled as compound is a simple sentence.
The sentence you labeled compound- complex is a complex sentence. Compound-complex sentences have two independent clauses plus one or more dependent clauses.
- english - ryan, Tuesday, March 24, 2009 at 9:07pm
thank you so much!!! i may post a few more in the next couple minutes to make sure those sentences are correct as well... THANK YOU!!!!
- english - beecca, Tuesday, March 24, 2009 at 9:09pm
i agreee with mrs. sue because she rocks !!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D ;)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - A simple sentence connect by a subordinating conjunction to a compound...
- English-Grammar - Although he was born in Scotland, he became a hero of the ...
- English - In the following sentence are they compound, complex, or compound ...
- ENG help please julie - I am revieing for a test these ar the ones I can't ...
- english - the crucial hint that allowed him to do his study came from a paper ...
- Biology/History - Where did the Spanish Flu start? Not geologically, but who or ...
- english help!!! Correcting Grammar - 1. Of the four sentence types and purposes...
- English - Choose the term that describes the type of sentence shown. If you are ...
- Statistics - It is said that healthy and happy workers are efficient and ...
- English - Would the sentence below be: SIMPLE, COMPLEX, COMPOUND, or COMPOUND ...