Posted by Peyton on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 at 4:32pm.
Mr.lucky won the lottery,so he decided that he would split the money with his 4 kids.
His older son was givin 50% of the winnings. 25% was givin oto his daughter Jane. Gary would get 20% and Jodi would get $700.
How much did Mr. Lucky win in the lottery.
6th grade math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, March 24, 2009 at 4:38pm
50 + 25 + 20 = 95
Jodi received 5% of the winnings.
Now, let x equal the total that Mr. Lucky won.
0.05x = 700
Solve for x.
We'll be glad to check your answer.
6th grade math - Peyton, Tuesday, March 24, 2009 at 4:42pm
is it 14,000 and thank you so much
6th grade math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, March 24, 2009 at 4:46pm
Yes. He won $14,000.
You're welcome. :-)
6th grade math - Cathleen, Thursday, March 26, 2009 at 8:35pm
6th grade math - Adeline, Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 10:50pm
1mile=5280 feet, so 2 miles=5280X2.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math Help PLEASE - Write an equation of the line containing the givin point and ...
- math - If you were givin a 120-question final exam, how much would you answer in...
- Finance - Suppose the chances of winning the lottery are 1 in 14 million with ...
- Algebra - A man has a daughter and son. The son is three times older than the ...
- business law - Gina and Jules were shopping together when they decided to buy ...
- Algebra - Can someone please help me with this I am so confused I have been ...
- Math - Tell Whethter the givin number is a solution of -5 < n. 3. 8 4. -8 5...
- math - solve each formula in terms of the givin variable 5d-2g=9;g
- English - Using these words animosity, effervescent, solicitude anonymity, ...
- math - whats the formula for finding the radius when givin the circumference?