Posted by elaine on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 at 4:00pm.
What is the "Middle Period" of China? Where can I find pros and cons of communism that an 8 y/o can understand & discuss?
- 3rd grade, social studies - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, March 24, 2009 at 4:32pm
I like to explain Communism as like being in a family. The adults give the kids what they need -- food, shelter, and clothing. In return, the children give to the family what they can -- from simple to more complex chores, depending upon their ages. In Communism, the government is like parents and the ordinary people are like the children.
The problem comes when the government gets greedy and doesn't give the people what they need. Also -- adults are not like children in a family because they have the right to govern themselves.
These sites explain the Middle Period and Communism.
(Broken Link Removed)
- 3rd grade, social studies - Jaylon, Friday, April 3, 2009 at 10:39pm
- 3rd grade, social studies - maria, Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at 7:58pm
had do i use communism in a sentence?
Answer this Question
- 7th grade social studies - What are the pros and cons to democracy? Thank you.
- Algebra - I understand that systems of equations can be solved by graphing or by...
- Social Studies - compare and contrast the pros and cons of the following: (1) ...
- social studies - Compare & Contrast the pros and cons of textbook social studies...
- social studies - cam yall name me 12 pros n cons fo socail studies
- social studies - What are the pros and cons of textbook social studies learning...
- social studies 9 - Pros and cons of the Quebec Act
- social studies - China, when it first beacme a communist nation, introduced a "...
- classroom instruction - • Write a 200- to 300-word response describing how you ...
- History - I have written a paper on John D. Rockefeller and now I am stuck could...