Posted by Mick c on Monday, March 23, 2009 at 3:12am.
What would the following time expressions change to in reported speech? Write a sentence in direct speech followed by one in reported speech to illustrate each change. The first one has been done for you as an example.
a) today – that day
Direct speech – He said “I feel great today!”
Reported speech – He said that he felt great that day.
b) tomorrow –
Direct speech – “I will be feeling great tomorrow.”
Reported speech – “I will be feeling great tomorrow.”
c) yesterday –
Direct speech – He said “hell felt great yesterday.”
Reported speech – “He felt great yesterday” he said.
d) next week –
Direct speech – “I will be feeling great next week.”
Reported speech – “I will be feeling great next week.”
e) last week –
Direct speech – He said “hell felt great last week.”
Reported speech – “He felt great last week” he said.
f) this week –
Direct speech – “I am feeling great this week.”
Reported speech – He said “hs feeling great this week.”
- English - Writeacher, Monday, March 23, 2009 at 8:46am
What are all those weird symbols? This is extremely difficult to read.
- English - PsyDAG, Monday, March 23, 2009 at 10:50am
It looks like something weird is happening when you try to type quote marks.
The "tomorrow" and "next week" examples need "He said...." for the reported speech examples.
For the last one, it should be, "He said, 'I am feeling great this week.'" (Use single quote marks for quotes within quotes.)
I hope this helps a little more. Thanks for asking.
Answer this Question
- english - 'why dont you get intoxicated', he said will you please change the ...
- Speech 09 - I had to interview someone in my class and write speech about them...
- languagge - What is reported speech? What are the different types of reported ...
- english - 1 'are you free this afternoon'she said. (into reported speech) 'dont ...
- Public Speaking - Evaluating audience feedback to your speech presentation ...
- english - thank you Ms Sue for your quick response but i was told that do and ...
- Speech - Is this an example of personal function speech, heuristic function ...
- english speech - i'm typing down a speech that i need to prepare for english, ...
- English - Parts of Speech - In the sentence "He is projected to win," what part ...
- english - For English II I'm supposed to write a persuasive essay on a speech ...