Posted by Madeline on Sunday, March 22, 2009 at 3:37pm.
Could someone please help me with this problem. I posted it yesterday but the teacher who tried to help me didn't know what I was fully talking about and I hope you can.
Directions: Find the area of each shaded region in simplest form.
(Imagine a medium rectangle that has 5x-1 on the top, 2x on the left side and inside the square in the corner is a right angle box with a 3 on the top and a 2 on the left side. Inside the retangle is the shaded region expect the box)
So this is what I came up with
- Math/Algebra - Madeline, Sunday, March 22, 2009 at 3:38pm
Sorry I have a mistake where it says 2x on the left saide and in side the square, square is supposed to be rectangle.
- Math/Algebra - bobpursley, Sunday, March 22, 2009 at 3:40pm
Total area in rectangle=(5x-1)(2x)
area in box: 3(2)=6
Shaded area then is
- Math/Algebra - Madeline, Sunday, March 22, 2009 at 3:42pm
Thanks so much for your help
- Math/Algebra - Reiny, Sunday, March 22, 2009 at 4:02pm
Ah, Madeline, now you changed the wording of the question.
Yesterday you had
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - I know that I posted a similar question yesterday, but I am still ...
- SAT MATH - I don't remember what problem I struggled to understand... But it was...
- Algebra/Calculus - If x + y = xy = 3, what is x^3 + y^3? I have tried solving ...
- Belinda, Math - I aked the instructor about that problem that looked like this...
- Synonym - Hey, posted a question earlier regarding a synonym for 'pantheon'. To ...
- Math Check - Hi! I posted this question yesterday and it was answered but I ...
- Algebra (Does any one understand special factors)? - I do not understand special...
- SAT Math - I don't remember what problem I struggled to understand... But it was...
- social studies - i am talking about slaves and i don't understand what this ...
- chemistry - hi, Can you please double check to see if i have got this right? Is ...