Posted by Gwen on Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 9:17am.
Can anyone think of any witty or inspirational Latin phrases? I have a Latin phrase project. I googled Latin phrases, but a lot of phrases are modern day ones, only in Latin. For my project, they must be ancient Latin phrases (or at least appear that way). Thank you.
Latin - SraJMcGin, Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 9:25am
Perhaps there are some in this Search that you have not yet seen:
Latin - Writeacher, Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 10:01am
There's a wonderful little book originally printed in 1960 called Winnie Ille Pu by A. A. Milne, translated by Alexander Lenard. There's LOTS of wit in there!
It's not ancient Latin, but it's very faithfully translated into classical Latin by Lenard. See if you can find this in your library or bookstore. It's great fun!
Latin - Writeacher, Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 10:04am
If you can find anything by the playwright Plautus, you'll "hit a gold mine"!!
Latin - Reiny, Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 10:27am
Here is what my "google" came up with
and do not forget the universal motherly advise...
Semper ubi sub ubi.
Latin - Writeacher, Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 10:35am
Reiny -- LOL!!!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- latin - what is the latin abbbreviations for speak at will, and the rest, ...
- Latin - Im confused about verbs in latin. Like for instance if the sentence was ...
- latin - I have to write a simple Latin poem by tomorrow; we can literally write ...
- latin - what latin word is the phrase strong distaste derived rom
- English/Latin - I need help writing an epigram in english that I must translate ...
- American history - Instead of using investments as a tool of U.S. foreign policy...
- Latin - Translation Help: Where do Ablatives and Genitives fit into a Latin ...
- Vocabulary latin and greek - write a word with the latin or greek word parts ...
- Latin - How do you switch Latin words to a certain tense? And how do you switch ...
- Latin - I really want to learn Latin. If I want to become an Archeologist I ...