Posted by Gretchen on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 9:44pm.
What event had the biggest impact on Christianity?
- Social Studies-Christianity - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 9:51pm
Before there was even an organized "Christianity," the crucifiction and resurrection of Jesus had the biggest impact on the Christian generations to come.
Several events occur to me as having a huge impact on Christian believers.
The conversion of Constantine, his establishment of the Eastern Orthodox church, and as the first Christian Roman Emperor
The compilation of the sacred books of the Bible
The spread of Islam
The Protestant Reformation
Which event do you think had the biggest impact?
- Social Studies-Christianity - bobpursley, Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 10:10pm
I would add these two:
AD37 Conversion of Paul
AD 1440 Invention of the movable type printing press by Gutenberg.
- Social Studies-Christianity - Gretchen, Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 10:38pm
I think the first one because without it,
Christianity, it wouldn't even begin or be well-known as of today.
- Social Studies-Christianity - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 11:04pm
Some Christians might argue with you. They feel that Christ's message is far more important than his supposed resurrection.
However, your answer is certainly one with many Christians would agree.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- philosophy - I need help describing Christianity's impact on philosophy... ...
- social studies - in what chronological order did the following religious groups ...
- Social Studies- Rome and Christianity - How did the acceptance of Christianity ...
- Social Studies - Put these facts in your only words *Metacomet is an indian ...
- social studies - By a.d. 325, Christianity had spread to which continents? ...
- Social studies - Sometimes a ruler has the biggest impact on history. Other ...
- Social Studies - when did christianity begin? 33 C.E. ?
- 6th Grade Social Studies - 1. When the Roman government began to persecute ...
- social studies - How are judaism and christianity realated
- social studies - what made constantine suppurt christianity?