Posted by need help! on Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 6:18pm.
Underline the verb group in each sentence then write a new sentence using the verb group you underlined
1. an elephant will carry twigs with it's trunk
2. elephant tusks are ivory
3. some tusks can be more than ten feet long
Please help me in these 3 questions
gr 4 english - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 6:28pm
1. will carry
3. can be
gr 4 english - GuruBlue, Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 6:29pm
Two of these sentences have "being" verbs. One of the sentences has an action verb phrase.
Repost with what you think they are, and we will give you more help.
gr 4 english - Anonymous, Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 7:02pm
What is the teacher trying to teach by telling the students to identify group verbs. How is a verb different from a group verb?
Thanks for your help.
gr 4 english - PsyDAG, Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 11:44am
"Carry" and "can" are verbs. When combined with other verbs, they form a verb group.
I hope this helps. Thanks for asking.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- READING - UNDERLINE THE VERB OR VERB GROUP IN EACH SENTENCE. THEN WRITE A NEW ...
- 3 grade english - choose a verb from the list to replace each underlined word or...
- English - 1) What is the principal part of the underlined verb in the sentence? ...
- English - Write a sentence that matches the form provided in the description (...
- English (Help!) - Read each sentence, and determine if it contains an action ...
- English - I feel stupid for not knowing these but I can't figure it out! So in ...
- ENGLISH - 1.Is the group of words a simple sentence, a compound sentence, a run-...
- Language Arts - Underline the verb or verb phrase in each sentence. Then ...
- English 9 grade - HOW COULD I CREATE A SENTENCE USING THREE ADJECTIVES A SUBJECT...
- English (Check) - Read each sentence, and determine if it contains an action ...