Posted by Anonymous on Monday, March 16, 2009 at 12:01pm.
You’ve applied for a specific job in your field of study. The Human Resources Department arranges an
interview and tells you to bring with you a polished piece of writing for them to evaluate your writing
skills. The paragraph must describe one particular experience you’ve had that inspired you or guided
you to choose the type of position for which you applied.
Your audience is your potential employer and your purpose is to show you have thought carefully
about what and/or who has motivated you toward this career choice and why. In addition, you want
to convey your enthusiasm for this position as it relates to your inspiring experience. Take time to
think about what your audience wants to know and strive to reach a balance between informal and
formal business writing.
1. Prewrite about your field of study and create a specific job for which you might want to apply
at a particular business or organization in your area. Outline what that position would look like.
Brainstorm details, names, titles, and facts to provide depth to your paragraph and enable you
to write a polished paragraph.
Is this correctly written for my assignment?
I'm replying to your advertisement in the local Scott County, Independant Herald newspaper. I understand that your actively seeking to hire a quality Medical Coding and Billing Professional. I worked for Huntsville Manor Nursing Home as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) for 3 years, and later transfered to Dietary, as a Dietary aide. My duties included, feeding, bathing, taking blood pressures, meal preparation, and caring for the patients. I also recorded daily statistics on my patients in their medical charts. I am enthusiastic when it comes to building an excellent relationship between patients and my co-workers. I am devoted, dependable, and willing to work hard to achieve my goals. It gives me great pleasure to work within the medical field, so this led me to futher my education. I am currently attending Penn Foster Career School, located in Pennsylvania. In my classes I have studied Medical Billing, Insurance Form Preparation, and Insurance Reimbursement. I also studied Law and Ethics in Medicine, Reimbursement Methodolgies, Medical Terminology, Anatomy and Physiology, and Medical Information Management and Office Practice. Upon completion of the Medical Coding and Billing courses, I am confident that I could make a valuable contrubition in your Medical Organization.
- Business Writing - Writeacher, Monday, March 16, 2009 at 1:56pm
Much better! Good for you!
Here are still a couple of things to take care of:
"...in the local Scott County,<~~delete comma Independant<~~check spelling Herald,<~~put newspaper titles in italics newspaper. I understand that your<~~wrong word actively seeking to hire..."
What's the difference between "your" and "you're"?
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- writing sentences and paragraphs - you've applied for a specific job in your ...
- business writing - Background You’ve applied for a specific job in your field of...
- Business English - I need help writing this: You’ve applied for a specific job ...
- Writing Sentences And Paragraphs - Hello Sir/ Mam, I have assignments to be ...
- Business Writing - Background You’ve applied for a specific job in your field of...
- Writing Sentences and paragraphs - Paragraph 1 Background You’ve applied for a ...
- Business English - You’ve applied for a specific job in your field of study. ...
- English - I have a writing project. I would like advice from you. This is the ...
- Writing Sentences and parahgraphs - You’ve applied for a specific job in your ...
- English - Background You’ve applied for a specific job in your field of study. ...