Posted by Anonymous on Monday, March 16, 2009 at 10:51am.
You’ve applied for a specific job in your field of study. The Human Resources Department arranges an
interview and tells you to bring with you a polished piece of writing for them to evaluate your writing
skills. The paragraph must describe one particular experience you’ve had that inspired you or guided
you to choose the type of position for which you applied.
Your audience is your potential employer and your purpose is to show you have thought carefully
about what and/or who has motivated you toward this career choice and why. In addition, you want
to convey your enthusiasm for this position as it relates to your inspiring experience. Take time to
think about what your audience wants to know and strive to reach a balance between informal and
formal business writing.
1. Prewrite about your field of study and create a specific job for which you might want to apply
at a particular business or organization in your area. Outline what that position would look like.
Brainstorm details, names, titles, and facts to provide depth to your paragraph and enable you
to write a polished paragraph.
This is what I have written so far, am I understanding the assignment correctly?
I'm replying to your advertisement in the local Independant Herald. I understand that your actively seeking to hire a quality Medical Coding and Billing Professional.
I worked for Huntsville Manor Nursing Home as a Certified Nursing Assistant(CNA)for 3 years, and later transfered to Dietary, as a Dietary aide. My duties included,feeding, bathing,taking blood pressures,and caring for the patients. I also recorded daily stats on the patients in their medical charts. It gives me great pleasure to work within the medical field, so this led me to futher my education. I am currently attending Penn Foster Career School. Upon completion of Medical Coding and Billing courses, I am confident that my combination of practical work experience and educational experiences has prepared me for making and immediate contribution to your medical organization.
- Business Writing - Writeacher, Monday, March 16, 2009 at 11:09am
So far, the content sounds good. I think you need more details and less of the fluff that makes up the last two sentences. Directions: Brainstorm details, names, titles, and facts to provide depth to your paragraph
To make it a polished piece of writing, though, be sure to pay attention to details:
** spelling in that newspaper title
** a space after each word and comma
** correct uses of singular and plural forms
** no use of slang or abbreviations (such as "stats")
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- writing sentences and paragraphs - you've applied for a specific job in your ...
- business writing - Background You’ve applied for a specific job in your field of...
- Business English - I need help writing this: You’ve applied for a specific job ...
- Writing Sentences And Paragraphs - Hello Sir/ Mam, I have assignments to be ...
- English - I have a writing project. I would like advice from you. This is the ...
- Writing Sentences and paragraphs - Paragraph 1 Background You’ve applied for a ...
- Business English - You’ve applied for a specific job in your field of study. ...
- Writing Sentences and parahgraphs - You’ve applied for a specific job in your ...
- Business Writing - Background You’ve applied for a specific job in your field of...
- Writing Sentences and Paragraphs - Background You’ve applied for a specific job ...