Posted by physics on Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 4:35pm.
The potential differnece across a resistor is 4.4 * 10^2 V. If the resistance of the resistor is 1.8 k ohms, how much current flows throught the resistor?
R=1.8 k ohms
= 4.4 * 10^2
___________ = 2.44*10
1.8 * 10^
is this done correctly?
physics - bobpursley, Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 4:38pm
Of course not.
440 volts divided by 1800 ohm is not 24 amps.
physics - physics, Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 4:41pm
is it .24 amps?
physics - bobpursley, Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 4:56pm
yes, or 240mA
physics - mysterychicken, Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 4:58pm
which answre would be apropriat for this question
or .24 amps
physics - bobpursley, Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 5:01pm
MC, either is correct. The most common usage is probably 240mA, but it is no more correct than .24 A
physics - physics, Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 5:07pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- physics - A circuit consists of a 12.0 V battery connected to three resistors 44...
- physics - A 15.0 Ohms resistor is connected in series to a 120V generator and ...
- Physics - A 67.6 ohms resistor is connected in parallel with a 103.8 ohms ...
- math - 90 volts are applied to a circuit with 3 resistors resistor 1=20 ohms ...
- physics - please tell me if thsi si correct Two equal charges are separated by 3...
- physics - please i need help solving this problem, what is the resistance of a ...
- physics. - resistors of 30 ohms and 60 ohms are connected in parallel and joined...
- physics - Your electronic friend needs a 20 ohms resistor but has only 40 ohms ...
- Physics - A circuit consists of a 10 ohm resistor in series with 3 identical ...
- Hvac - 3 resistors of 5 ohms,15 ohms, and 30 ohms are connected in series and ...