Posted by scooby91320002 on Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 2:53pm.
Steps required for a multicultural education to be effective.
According to J.A.Banks the steps required for a multicultural classroom to be effective is you must have multicultural education policy statement and supports diversity, the staff should have positive attitudes and expectations toward the diverse students, the school staff reflects ethnic and cultural diversity, the curriculum is transformation, the parents should participate, teacher strategies are constructivist and empowering, the teachers materials should present diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural perspectives on events, concepts, and issues, and the final step to have a multicultural classroom affective is that each program should be monitored on a daily basis.
- education - GuruBlue, Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 2:58pm
Scooby, what is your question?
- education - Ms. Sue, Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 2:59pm
"the curriculum is TRANSFORMATIONAL . . ." It also reflects social movement.
I don't know how long your paper should be, but you can click on all of the links on that site for more information about each of these points.
- education not sure if im on right track - scooby91320002, Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 3:19pm
types of activities you would incorporate into your lassroom that would support a multicultural education for all groups in this class.
is multicultural holidays like what each ethnic group celebrates. like for example the whites celebreate christmas - the birth of jesus, the african americans celebrate the civil war cause lincoln freed the slaves with the act, the latinos celelbrate cinco de mayo, and the asian celebrates the chinese new year? if so i dont knw what to say for the native americans
- education - Writeacher, Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 3:30pm
You'd better have really good teachers and a good curriculum that are supported by more than adequate supplies. Without those things, you can study all the holidays you want -- there won't be much education.
- education - GuruBlue, Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 3:32pm
Many different ethnic groups celebrate Christmas. Kwanzaa is a holiday celebrated by many African Americans. No one celebrates the Civil War.
Here is an interesting site for holidays celebrated by various Asian countries.
I would suggest getting the students to choose holidays that their family community celebrates and letting them bring the information and maybe some type of snack common to that holiday to class.
- education - scooby91320002, Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 3:35pm
what about for african americans to celelbrate martin luther king jr?
- education - GuruBlue, Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 3:48pm
That is another holiday that is celebrated, however, Kwanzaa is a good "ethnic" celebration.
Here are some other suggestions for multicultural classrooms. Holidays are a start; but you can go to myths, theatre, dance, food, customs, family structure. etc, etc. etc. All the while learning history and assorted languages.
- education - scooby91320002, Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 3:55pm
for native americans i can say pow wows right?
- education - SraJMcGin, Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 3:59pm
There are some very interesting ideas in the sites of this GOOGLE Search:
P.S. For Native Americans, also the spirit world.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- AE.... - outline the steps required for a multicultural education to be ...
- AED200 - a 700- to 1,050-word paper in which you outline the steps required for ...
- AE.. does it sound ok - Read the following scenario: You are a second-grade ...
- AE,, this right?>(revised) - Steps required for a multicultural education to ...
- AE - steps required for a multicultural education to be effective. would that be...
- education - Read the following scenario: You are a second-grade teacher at Happy...
- AE - Read the following scenario: You are a second-grade teacher at Happy Valley...
- education (final) - Multicultural education is an ever-growing part of the total...
- AED200 - Read the following scenario: You are a second-grade teacher at Happy ...
- AED - Read the following scenario: You are a second-grade teacher at Happy ...