Posted by peter on Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 10:34am.
can someone please help me analyze what the black fruit dripping sap from the branches of lighting means in the first stanza
Passover: The Injections
Clouds pass over, endless,
black fruit dripping
sap from the branches
We lie down in the field,
thousands of us,
never mind the rain.
Soldiers come toward us,
groups of three or four.
The wind opens their long coats.
Underneath, their uniforms are black.
They bend over to the babies.
The babies cry,
for a little while.
"We are living in Biblical times,"
a woman says.
- English - Writeacher, Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 10:41am
Black is often the color symbolizing death in western lit.
Read through the help you've already been given and turn your imagination loose. What would you feel like if you were literally on the ground with black stuff dripping all over you?
- english - Holly, Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 10:46am
"black fruit dripping" could also mean the dark clouds are dripping with rain.
- english - peter, Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 10:48am
but what does rain have to do with the poem
- english - GuruBlue, Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 11:26am
It doesn't...it is a metaphor.
- english - peter, Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 11:26am
a metaphor to what
- english - Holly, Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 11:32am
to the clouds, it is just describing the scene. it is using the metaphor "black fruit dripping" to say the black clouds were dripping rain.
- english - GuruBlue, Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 12:12pm
Peter, I answered this question for you yesterday. It is not rain.
- english - peter, Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 12:21pm
i understand the lighting but i don't get the black fruit
- english - GuruBlue, Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 1:03pm
Peter, what happens when people are shot or blown up or slashed with sabers?
Answer this Question
- english - can someone please help me analyze this poem thank you Passover: The ...
- Introduction to physical science - I am not understanding this because I thought...
- Math - Samantha made 9800 mL of fruit punch for a party, and she served the ...
- number patterns - joshua is raising fruit flies for a science project.at the ...
- Ashford SAP for FINANCIAL AID - I have read in the handbook about SAP.I pass 2 ...
- Help math - recipe calls for 4 pounds of fruit. You have 60 ounces of fruit. a. ...
- math - anna bought 3 types of fruit for a fruit salad. She paid three times as ...
- English - I left out the following three points. Thank you very much. 1) he is ...
- maths - A farmer in california owns a beautiful pear tree.He supplies the fruit ...
- math - joshua is raising fruit flies for science project at the begining of the ...