Posted by meimei on Saturday, March 14, 2009 at 9:20pm.
care to edit my entertainment speech?
make it funny..please
Heroes. We all have them. At least we're SUPPOSED to all have them... So you
can imagine my disappointment when I realized that I didn't have a hero. I had
to find one. U2? There's too many of them, and they wear too much leather.
Candice Bergen? Tough, and beautiful, but she's related to Edgar Bergen, the
ventriloquist. James Brown? He's cool, but he had a song in Rocky III. And
then it struck me. My new hero.
Today, I'll sing the praises of my new hero. He's socially responsible, he
embodies the American dream, and he hasn't let success change him. He's still
the same old guy. Just like us.
My hero should be socially responsible. Not just someone who goes after what's
in his or her best interest, but someone who tries to make a difference. Tries
to make the world a better place. My hero is out there every day, trying to
make life a little easier for a group of men who suffer from a tragic illness.
He helps them to overcome their handicap, and to be accepted into society. I'm
talking, of course, about Male Pattern Baldness, and my new hero is none other
than Sy Sperling, President of Hair Club for Men.
What does the American Dream mean to you? The American Dream, to me means
moving up in society. Starting out with nothing, and attaining success with
nothing but your blood, and sweat, and a few carefully placed bribes. Like
"The Jeffersons". They started out with nothing, living next to Archie
Bunker. But they had a little laundromat, and some friends at the network,
and they got their OWN show, with a maid, and a theme song. This is the
American Dream. Sy Sperling is that dream, too. He didn't even have friends
at the network, or a de-luxe apartment in the sky. All he had was a little
business, and a dream, and enough money to put together a 30 second
commercial. He did it all himself, he put together his little commercial, and
his hard work and sincerity paid off. He was average, and yet he was on
television, and we all loved him for it.
He's Sy Sperling. He knows he's Sy Sperling. People on the street know he's
Sy Sperling. And he gets the joke. "It's a fun thing for me", he says. He's
not like those other TV hucksters, who get their cheap commercials made, but
end up looking like schmucks, he's Sy Sperling the Hair Club President, a rare
success at a difficult task. He's not Victor Kiam, pawning the Lady Remington
Rechargeable. This is no Crazy Ed, of Ed's TV and Leisurewear Emporium,
SLASHING prices to the bare walls in a mad, everything must go frenzy. This
is Sy Sperling, unearthing the Myths and Misconceptions of Minoxidol. He
talks about weaves, toupes, wigs. The suture process. In easy to understand
English. He's a celebrity, but he's just like us. He's no perfect,
glamorous greek god of a man. He's Sy Sperling. He's bald. He understands.
I've told you why Sy Sperling is my new hero. I know he's not for everyone,
but to me, in his own way, he embodies everything great about a society which
is desperate for heroes, which is why I my heart fills with joy every time I
hear those heavenly words. "I'm not just the Hair Club President; I'm also a
- college-speech - Ms. Sue, Saturday, March 14, 2009 at 9:25pm
YOUR speech? Are you Shaun Morris?
- college-speech - meimei, Saturday, March 14, 2009 at 9:39pm
nope..hes my friendd in gaia...he gave me his speech..and tell me to edit it..and am speaking with him nao
- college-speech - Ms. Sue, Saturday, March 14, 2009 at 9:42pm
My! And it's already published on a humor website by someone in Iowa.
- college-speech - meimei, Saturday, March 14, 2009 at 9:43pm
yeah..its he's friend jerome..lol
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- college speech - i need a super funny entertainment speech topic...
- english - For English II I'm supposed to write a persuasive essay on a speech ...
- Oral speech - Persuasive speech comparing old to modern games? I have to have a ...
- Speech (acronym help) - I am doing a demo speech on how to make play dough and ...
- speech - Can you please help me out with a speech? I'm in 10th grade at High ...
- english - Please help me with this assignment that I have to explain t o class ...
- Speech - I have all my information on my speech about abortion i just don't have...
- valedictorian speech topic? - I'm supposed to write an end-of-the-year ...
- College Speech. - How would you write a speech in a manuscript form. I have no ...
- Language/Listening& Speech Skills - I have a couple of questions that I need ...