Posted by Mari on Saturday, March 14, 2009 at 12:27pm.
Please check my answers thank you very
Based on the following information below please answer the questions that follow.
Area A: Brooklyn
Brooklyn is a very heavily populated urban area within commuting
distance from Manhattan by subway, bus, or car.
Brooklyn has communities that range from extreme poverty
(public housing) to very high-income private homes (such as
Sheepshead Bay). Real estate and rents are very expensive in
the more affluent areas.
Area B: Queens
Queens is a very heavily populated urban area within commuting
distance from Manhattan by subway, bus, or car.
Running the length of Queens is a centrally located, heavily
trafficked thoroughfare called Queens Boulevard. There
are wealthy communities (such as Forest Hills) as well as
middle-class areas and poverty areas. Real estate and rents
are very expensive in the more affluent areas.
Area C: Nassau
Nassau is a heavily populated suburban community within
commuting distance from New York City by railroad, bus, or
car. The communities range from resort-like towns (such as
Long Beach) to city-like settings (such as New Hyde Park)
and expensive, country-like settings (such as Muttontown).
Most of the population is middle class, with enclaves of
poverty and a well-represented upper middle class and
wealthy population. Real estate and rents are extremely
Area D: Western Suffolk
Western Suffolk is a well-populated suburban community
within commuting distance from New York City by railroad,
bus, or car. The communities are largely middle and uppermiddle
class with enclaves of wealthy homes in estate-like
settings and small areas of extreme poverty. The setting is a
mixture of country-like neighborhoods and heavily trafficked
main roads, with towns that provide urban-like environments.
Real estate and rents run from extremely expensive to moderately
Area E: Eastern Suffolk
Eastern Suffolk is a suburban area that can appear rural.
While itís within commuting distance from New York City by
railroad, car, or bus, the commute is a long one from the
farthest end of the island. Eastern Suffolk is well populated
and is rapidly developing as people look for more affordable
housing in rural-like settings. There are extremely wealthy
resort communities (such as East Hampton) and city-like
areas where commercial traffic is heavy and the surrounding
population is poor. Real estate and rents range from
extremely expensive to very affordable.
Area F: Fire Island
Although there are year-round residents, Fire Island is
predominantly a resort community. Although possible, a
commute to New York City from Fire Island would be quite
long and not likely to be the choice of most people. Real
estate and rents are very expensive.
1. A demographic study of Long Island
would indicate which
area to be the least likely to support a dog training business year-round
My answer is F
2. Whatís the largest drawback to operating a single-practice
dog training business in Area F?
My answer is The largest drawback to F is that it There would be a very long commute to NYC from Fire Island and most likley would be the choice of many people.
3. A direct-mail advertising campaign from a training facility
based in Area C would involve which areas to be most
A. Area C alone
B. Areas B and C
C. Areas A, B, and C
D. Areas B, C, and D
My answer is B
4. Youíve just bought a house in a neighborhood located
in Eastern Suffolk and are planning to run your dog
training business from your home until you build up
your client base in Area E. To be most effective, would
you place an ad in a pennysaver that circulates in East
Hampton or a more commercial downtown area? Why?
My answer is i would place an ad that circulates in a more commerical downtown area because there would be more foot traffic there.
5. Which area would probably have stricter leash laws,
Area B or Area F?
My answer You would probably have a stricter leash law in area F because it is predominantly a resort community.
Answer this Question
- Making a business plan - Please check my answer thank you very much Based on the...
- Dog Business - Please check my answer thank you very much for your help Based on...
- Dog Business - Please check my answer thank you very much for your time Use the ...
- world issues - i need some detailed information about the history of any country...
- please help - hi im trying to order something online im shipping it to brooklyn ...
- Test-Taking Strategies - Please check my answers! Please Check if they are wrong...
- accounting - Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper, using APA guidelines, based on ...
- accounting - 2. Final Project: Business Plan Resources: Appendix A Due Date: ...
- Geography - What is the name given to the vast rural area in the center of the ...
- english-metaphor - All sentences must be properly constructed. Finally, you ...