Posted by Karinna on Saturday, March 14, 2009 at 5:37am.
When agricultural production increases , the total amount paid for agricultural products tends to
a. increase because demand is price elastic
b. decrease becasue deamn is price elastic
c. increase because demand is price inelastic
d. decrease because demand is price inelastic .
e. remain constant because demand is price inelastic
I looked online and it said the answer is D. But I'm having trouble figuring how they got that answer.
Okay..ive spend forever trying to figure this out. I have two explanations
First one: If im not mistaken, when it says "total amount paid for agricultural products" its referring to total revenue. and i figured out that if production increases price increases too right..so based on these two conclusion i figured out this :
I looked at the linear demand curve and it shows that when demand is elastic total revenue will decrease if the price increases and when demand is inelastic total revenue will increase if price increases. So from this I can get either answer b or c and theres no option for both b and c. so i know im doing this wrong. If someone could please explain this to me clearly and elaborately id appreciate it. Thank you..Hope you didnt get lost while reading this. Looking at the linear demand curve will help you understand what im trying to say = )
My other explanation is
that when the production increases the supply curve increases and demand curve stays the same and then this causes total revenue to decrease?
- microeconomics - SraJMcGin, Saturday, March 14, 2009 at 9:45am
In b. check the spelling of "demand."
This is about "supply and demand." When the supply is short/scarce, demand increases but when the supply is great, the demand decreases.
As I do not see the demand linear curve, I don't know what you see. Be sure in your explanation (if that was what you were to do) that you check all the spelling, punctuation, etc.
- microeconomics - lisa, Saturday, March 14, 2009 at 9:50am
hey there, i am learning microecomonic right now too.
according to the book, for inelastic demand, an decrease in price will lead to a proportionately smaller increase in the quantity demanded and so the TR will fall.
in your case, i think When agricultural production increases and the demand is inelastic, so there's more things being produced and about the same amount of people consuming the lot, there for there's too much things being produced,and total revenue will therefore fall.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Microeconomics - When agricultural production increases , the total amount paid ...
- Economics - A firm is currently producing in the elastic portion of its demand ...
- Economics are these correct - Are these correct? Thanks, Answer is next to ...
- HELP i dont get it - The producer of X is contemplating a price change and has ...
- Managerial Economics - This is some HW for a Managerial Econ class. I've got ...
- Economics: Price Elasticity - Please check my answers whether they are correct ...
- Advanced Microeconomics College Level - Information on the price elasticity of ...
- home economics - Suppose that 200 gallons of gasoline are demanded at a ...
- Ecconomics - Price elasticity of demand.Tell whether is elastic,perfectly ...
- Math - The demand for a commodity generally decreases as the price is raised. ...