Posted by Brittany on Friday, March 13, 2009 at 4:27pm.
1. During what part of “Bernice Bobs Her Hair” does Bernice cut
A. Climax C. Falling action
B. Rising action D. Epiphany
2. The label detective novel is an example of
A. a character study. C. a genre.
B. informational reading. D. a universal truth.
3. Which one of the following types of writing would most likely
D. Informational literature
4. Which one of the following terms best describes the period of the 1920s?
A. Proper C. Rebellious
B. Moral D. Symbolic
5. Suppose you’ve just read a romance novel that has stock characters and a happily-ever-after
ending. What kind of literature were you probably reading?
A. Escapist literature C. Interpretive literature
B. Informational literature D. Universal literature
6. Because Bernice changes during the course of “Bernice Bobs Her Hair,” she’s said to
be a _______ character.
A. one-dimensional C. static
B. symbolic D. dynamic
7. Which one of the following genres presents the author’s personal ideas and feelings about
a particular topic?
A. Short story C. Poem
B. Novel D. Essay
8. What are conventions?
A. The events that lead to the climax of a novel
B. The conflicts between the protagonist and the antagonist
C. The traditions and rules that lead to a reader’s expectations
D. The difficulties a writer encounters in creating characters
9. Which one of the following events in “Bernice Bobs Her Hair” is an example of an epiphany?
A. Bernice suddenly understands how others see her.
B. Marjorie dares Bernice to get her hair bobbed.
C. Warren begins to come to visit Bernice.
D. G. Reece Stoddard cuts in on Bernice’s dance partner.
10. In “A White Heron,” how does Sarah Jewett portray Sylvia’s attitude about money?
A. Sylvia doesn’t really care about money at all.
B. Sylvia hopes the hunter will give her some money no matter what she does.
C. Sylvia struggles between protecting the heron and gaining the money.
D. Sylvia was once rich and has now fallen on hard times.
11. Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet is an example of
A. an old-fashioned novel.
B. interpretative literature.
C. escapist literature.
D. a perfect short story.
12. What is Sarah Jewett suggesting when she writes about Sylvia’s increasing attraction
to the hunter in “A White Heron”?
A. Sylvia will do anything for money.
B. Sylvia is experiencing falling in love.
C. Sylvia cares more about people than animals.
D. Sylvia does one thing but believes the opposite.
13. In “Bernice Bobs Her Hair,” Bernice is the _______ in the story.
A. symbol of fun C. protagonist
B. stock character D. genre
14. Which one of the following items is an example of a symbol in “Bernice Bobs Her Hair”?
A. Marjorie’s talk with her mother
B. Bernice’s car
C. The dinner-dance at the country club
D. Bernice’s haircut
15. The connotative meaning of a word refers to
A. its dictionary definition.
B. what it suggests about something.
C. the irony suggested by the word.
D. its meaning at a specific time in history.
16. The term realism refers to
A. making things better than they actually are.
B. describing things just as they are.
C. using as much descriptive language as possible.
D. allowing the reader to draw his or her own conclusions.
17. The most significant conflict in “Bernice Bobs Her Hair” is between
A. Warren and Marjorie. C. Bernice and Marjorie.
B. Marjorie and men in general. D. Bernice and herself.
18. Interpretative literature is said to be interactive because
A. you can read most of these works on the Internet now.
B. the conflict shows the interaction between two elements of the story.
C. the story consists of a rising action and a falling action.
D. the reader has to take part in discovering the meaning of the work.
19. Which one of the following events is an example of situational irony?
A. Bernice cuts her hair and suddenly realizes what a mistake it is.
B. Bernice overhears Marjorie talking with her mother.
C. Warren is disappointed that Bernice cuts her hair.
D. Marjorie teaches Bernice how to be more socially accepted.
20. The events that take place in a story make up the story’s
A. genre. C. setting.
B. plot. D. climax.
- Literature / Short story I - Ms. Sue, Friday, March 13, 2009 at 4:34pm
Mercy! Do you really expect someone to do this test or homework for you???
If so, you've come to the wrong place!!
- Literature / Short story I - Writeacher, Friday, March 13, 2009 at 5:11pm
Ms. Sue is definitely right. No one here will do your work for you. However, we will be happy to read over whatever you come up with and make suggestions and/or corrections.
Please post what you think.
- Literature / Short story I - Brittany, Saturday, March 14, 2009 at 2:02pm
I think that this is for questions that can't be completed nobody asked for your rude comments
- Literature / Short story I - kayla, Wednesday, March 25, 2009 at 12:53pm
i compare my answers to the ones posted up i think ms sue could have came off better but i really dont think she needed anouther person to team up and be totally unnecessary thats just stupid
- Literature / Short story I - Anonymous, Saturday, March 28, 2009 at 3:46am
- Literature / Short story I - Ashley, Tuesday, May 12, 2009 at 9:44pm
These are correct. I just submitted them.
- Literature / Short story I - robert, Saturday, February 20, 2010 at 6:58pm
- Literature / Short story I - ur mom, Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 10:50am
robert.. u missed number 5 which throws it all off
- Literature / Short story I - me, Wednesday, June 2, 2010 at 3:28am
robert- number 5 is A
- Literature / Short story I - kesha, Wednesday, August 4, 2010 at 11:45pm
ALL CORRECT 100%
C C A C A D D C A C B B C D B B D D A B
- Literature / Short story I - mimi, Monday, September 13, 2010 at 12:44pm
the question same like that
- Literature / Short story I - Heather, Friday, November 19, 2010 at 2:38pm
- Literature / Short story I - mindy, Tuesday, January 25, 2011 at 7:09pm
yeah those are right thinks i got 100
- Literature / Short story I - Courtney, Saturday, April 2, 2011 at 7:22pm
JUST TOOK THE TEST MADE A 100
- Literature / Short story I - misty, Friday, May 13, 2011 at 11:45am
Answer this Question
Literature - During what part of "Bernice Bobs Her Hair" does Bernice ...
literature - During what part of "Bernice Bobs Her Hair" does Bernice...
INTRODUCTION TO THE SHORT STORY, PART 1 - During what part of "Bernice ...
INTRODUCTION TO THE SHORT STORY, PART 1 - In F. Scott Fitzgerald's story &...
literature - during what part of bernice bobs her hair does bernice cut ...
literature - During what part of "Bernice Bobs Her Hair" does Bernice ...
reading - In F. Scott Fitzgerald's story "Bernice Bobs Her Hair,"...
Introduction and sort story part 1 - 1. During what part of "Bernice Bobs ...
literature - In F.Scoot Fitzgerald's story Bernice Bobs Her Hair we are very...
Literature - I need help I don't understand this i read the chapter 5 times ...
For Further Reading