Posted by Erica on Monday, March 9, 2009 at 10:38pm.
Indicate the gendr of the bracketed words. I tired them but I am not sure am I right or not. Please look over it and give me suggestion if they are wrong. Thank you!!
(They) told the (children) the (stories) they had heard (themselves).
They - collective
children - collective? dual?
stories - stories
themselves - collective
- English - Writeacher, Monday, March 9, 2009 at 10:43pm
Are you sure you're being asked about gender?
Here's a section on collective nouns:
And here's one on collective adjectives:
To me, though, all these forms in parentheses are simply plurals. The last one is plural and reflexive.
- English - Erica, Monday, March 9, 2009 at 10:46pm
YesYes. The question original is: Indicate the case, person, number and gender of the bracketed words. I only have trouble with indicating the gender.
- English - Erica, Monday, March 9, 2009 at 10:47pm
My other friend with the same assignment put dual for all of them.
- English - Ms. Sue, Monday, March 9, 2009 at 10:48pm
In English, none of those has a gender.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English Again - Place an F to indicate which of the following is a sentence ...
- english - i have to make a poster using the following words: main idea, theme, ...
- soc. - The outlawing of slavery and extending voting rights to women seem to ...
- philosophy - Argument Evaluation # 1 – Is morality universal? Instructions: In ...
- math - Im a little confused can someone please help? Solve: -7x-24=-26 1/3 This ...
- English - 1. I am too tired to do my homework. 2. I am too tired to read the ...
- English Quick ? - The understanding of basic human rights fits with an ...
- French - Food script I had to do for French. Involves two people. Can someone ...
- English - There are 8 word cards on the blackboard. On one side there are ...
- cjs200 - I do not believe we are all taught wrong from right. There are children...