Posted by Katy on Monday, March 9, 2009 at 6:49pm.
2. a) 7^12/7^4 = 7^8
b)x^11/x^5 = x^6
c)12x^5/3x^2 = 4x^3
d)7x^6y^3/14x^3y = .5x^3y^2
5. a) (2x)^3(3x^2)^4 = 648x^11
b)(5x)^7/(5x)^4 = 25x^2
c)(2x)^5/-8x^3 = -4x^2
d)(4x^2y^5)(-3xy^3)^3 = -12xy^4
6. How long does it take light to travel from the Sun to Earth? Answer to the nearest minute.(scientific notation)
Distance: 1.5x10^11 m
Speed: 3x10^8 m/s
1.5x10^11/3x10^8 = 500 sec.
500/60 ~ 8 minutes.
7. a) In 2004, the pop. of Mexico was about 1x10^8. Mexico has a land area of about 7.6x10^5 square miles. What was the pop. density?
b) In 2004, the pop. of Japan was about 1.3x10^8. Japan has a land area of about 1.5x10^5 square miles. What was the pop. density?
c)How did the pop. densities of Mexico and Japan compare in 2004?
Though the area of land was significantly greater in Mexico, the pop. density is less, because it is spread out more than Japan's low-area, high-population set-up.
Am I clear? --thanks!
- Algebra I - Answer check - rafaela, Monday, March 9, 2009 at 7:58pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - solve the following equation by clearing fractions show all work want ...
- algebra - solve the following equation by clearing fraction want to know if this...
- Algebra - Please let me know if I answered these correctly. thank you, #2. Add: ...
- algebra1 - could you walk-through the steps to solving this problem because I am...
- Urgent Math please check - Very Important I can get someone to check these for ...
- Please check Algebra - Please take a look at my work and let me know if I made ...
- Polynomial- Doublecheck2 - I asked this earlier, but I didn't get an answer. I'm...
- algebra - Simplify. Do not use negative exponents in the answer. 12x-2y4 -3xy-7 ...
- Algebra - 1. Find the degree of the monomial 6p^3 q^2. A) 2 B) 3**** C) 5 D) 6 ...
- bobpursly, - Is this correct now after i revised it Multiply. 3xy^2(5xy-4x+6y) ...