Posted by selena on Sunday, March 8, 2009 at 10:33pm.
lavre has sixty-one coins, all of whichare dimes and quaters. if the total value of the coins is $9.85, how many of each kind of coins has she?
- grade 9 math!!!!!!!!!! please help - DrBob222, Sunday, March 8, 2009 at 10:49pm
If Q = # quarters
and D = # dimes.
Two equations and two unknowns. Solve for Q and D. Check my work.
- grade 9 math!!!!!!!!!! please help - Anonymous, Monday, March 9, 2009 at 1:33pm
Q = 25
D = 36
It's a system of linear equations so you can put it into a matrix to solve
let Matrix A be a 2x2 matrix
and have another matrix, B
A^-1 * B will give you the answer
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - lavere has sixty-one coins, all of which are dimes and quaters. if the ...
- 5th grade math - I need to use quarters, dimes, nickles and pennies to make the ...
- math - Grandpa has twenty - four coins in his pocket . grandpa gives Sam some ...
- Math - Shirley has 18 coins. One sixth of the coins are quarters, one third of ...
- Math - The cash in the school canteen contains x quarters and (30-x) dimes. If ...
- Math - A bag contains forty coins, all of them either 2c or 5c coins. Let there ...
- maths - A bag contained a number of 20cents, 50cents and $1 coins. 1/3 of the ...
- Math - Laverne has sixty-one coins, all of which are dimes and quarters. If the...
- Acc. Algebra 2 - A jar contains 40 coins consisting of dimes and quarters and ...
- Math - Susan has some $2-coins and $5-coins. If there are 18 coins and the total...