Posted by Stuart on Sunday, March 8, 2009 at 8:46pm.
Need help with these questions: I have already answered 27 out of the 30 accept these last three:
8. Given the significance level 0.01, the F-value for the degrees of freedom, d.f. = (7,3) is.
9. One-way ANOVA is performed on three independent samples with: n1 = 6, n2 = 7 , and n3 = 8. The critical value obtained from the F-table for this test at the 2.5% level of significance equals:
10. A randomized block design ANOVA has five treatments and four blocks. The computed test statistic (value of F) is 4.35. With a 0.05 significance level, the appropriate table value and conclusion will be:
A) 14.37: accept the null hypothesis
B) 3.11: accept the null hypothesis
C) 3.26: accept the null hypothesis
D) 3.26: reject the null hypothesis
- Statistics - MathGuru, Sunday, March 8, 2009 at 9:58pm
All of these questions require you to read the F-distribution table for the values stated. I'll give you a few hints and see if you can take it from there.
It's either A or B. Read the table using the degrees of freedom and significance level as guidelines.
Degrees of freedom is 2, 18 (for a one-way Anova). Check the table.
If the test statistic exceeds the critical value, reject the null. If the test statistic does not exceed the critical value, then do not reject the null.
I hope this will help get you started.
- Statistics - Anonymous, Thursday, May 14, 2015 at 12:58pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- statistics question - if i have x^2 = 15.505 and 9 degrees of freedom and a ...
- STATISTICS QUESTION - if i have x^2 = 20.303 with 9 degrees of freedom and a ...
- Statistics ! - Hi I have calculated some statistics using a spreadsheet program ...
- Research Methodology - A hospital has treated of 500 patients suffering from a ...
- statistics - For a certain yes/no survey question, 55% of the respondents ...
- statistics - Suppose a chi-squared test has a degree of freedom of 10 and the ...
- statistics - The manager of a service station is in the process of analyzing the...
- Statistics - 6. If we reject H0:µ = 10 in favor of Ha:µ 10 at a given level of ...
- P Value Math Statistics - Find the P-value for the indicated hypothesis test ...
- statistics - A sample of 50 items is selected to determine whether or not to ...