Posted by Cyn on Thursday, March 5, 2009 at 8:11pm.
|3w-1| = |3w|
abs(3w-1) - abs(3w)
I know you can use a calculator and find the answer easily, but we're supposed to know how to do this without a calculator.
- Math - Damon, Friday, March 6, 2009 at 10:13am
A. (3w-1) = (3w)
B (3w-1) = -(3w)
C. -(3w-1) = (3w)
D. -3(w-1) = -(3w)
A and D are the same, use A
B and C are the same, use B
3w-1 = 3w
0 * w = 1 no solution possible
3 w - 1 = - 3 w
6 w = 1
w = 1/6
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - would this be a correct proof of the cauchy-schwartz inequality: abs=...
- math - So I need to solve this differential equation dy/dx = 1/(x+2) so i solved...
- calc - Find the critical number(s) of f(x)= abs(2x-4) What is the derivative of ...
- maths complex numbers - Can abs(28-7w)=7abs(w) be written as abs(w-4)=abs(w) and...
- Math - Use a graph to find a number delta such that if abs(x-pi/4) < delta ...
- math concepts - Matthew sits at his desk unable to figure out the answer to a ...
- Absolute Value and Limits - solve for limits of 1+ and 1- for this function: (x^...
- math - Hi I Have A Question About Rolle's Theorem Why We cant solve [ F(x) = abs...
- calculus - Sketch the curve y = x^3 - 12x^2 + 36x I already did the question ...
- Algebra - /4/+/-3/ I'm I supposed to add or subtract. Please help! those are ...