Posted by sue on Thursday, March 5, 2009 at 6:19pm.
These are the numbers of wins for the 30 NBA teams for the 2004-2005 NBA season.
45 43 42 33 33 54 47 44 42 30 59 45 36 18 13 52 49 44 27 26 62 50 37 34 34 59 58 51 45 18
I am supposed to create a grouped frequency table for this data.
I found my range is 62-12=49
I decided that I want to create 7 groups 49/7=7
However when I created my first column, class interval I am missing a number. this is what I got:
Please tell me what I am doing incorrect.
- stats(help) - vero, Thursday, March 5, 2009 at 6:22pm
well you doing it sorrectly now just one more interval to it. 62-68. and no worries ... the frequency will be 1.
hope you get it.
- stats(help) - sue, Thursday, March 5, 2009 at 6:28pm
But that wouldn't become into 8 groups instead of 7?
- stats(help) - sue, Thursday, March 5, 2009 at 6:31pm
Last question what type of research question could possibly arise from this data?
- stats(help) - PsyDAG, Friday, March 6, 2009 at 1:25pm
Although you might want 7 intervals, there is no magic number. There could be 6 or 8 intervals, if you want.
Are there any characteristics that relate to the most winning teams in contrast to the least winning teams? League? Area of the country? Salaries? Something else?
I hope this helps a little more. Thanks for asking.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- stats - I wanted to know is this a sample or population. I want to solve for the...
- Math - CRANES Season 1: Wins 38 Season 2: Wins 42 Season 3: Wins 31 Season 4: ...
- Math - Each division of the NBA HAS 7 teams. How many different division ...
- NBA!!!!!!!!!!!!! - WHICH ARE THE BEST PLAYERS ON THE NBA TEAM?????????? I HAVE ...
- math-premises - A bit confused with this one: Is the argument correct? if not ...
- Statistics - 62.Refer to the Baseball 2009 data, which report information on the...
- Bio. - I need to write a bio about Dirk New. the basketball player on the ...
- math - The stadium has a maximum seating capacity of 19,968 at an NBA game. If ...
- proabilities - Suppose the NBA has decided to add two more teams to the league. ...
- algebra - Hockey teams receive 2 points when they win and 1 point when they tie...