Posted by Larry on Thursday, March 5, 2009 at 11:25am.
Okay, I may not have been clear in my previous post.
I'm doing a powerpoint on Spain for a school project.
I need 4 places to visit, excluding the capital. What it's like and what to do there. Also I need 1 or 2 Festivals/Celebrations located differently than the 4 places. What it's like and what to do there.
I'm currently doing:
Barcelona - I'm going to visit Gaudi's unfinished Cathedral. Talk about the strangeness of it, what it looks like.
Pamplona - I'm going to a Bull Run. Talk about the exitement, and all that happens during the Bull Run.
Pyrenees Mt. - I'm going to go hiking. Talk about the scenery, weather, and such.
Granada - I'm going to The Alhambra. But don't know what to talk about.
Festivals, I've got it covered, I think.
So All I need help with is The Alhambra and what to do there.
Any assistance is appreciated.
Thank you very much!
- Travel - drwls, Thursday, March 5, 2009 at 11:33am
I've been to the Alahambra, and my wife and I found it pretty boring. There is a Moorish castle there with pretty inside courtyards full of tourists, but there are almost no furnishings and the landscaping was rather bleak. They heard you through it like cordoned sheep. The view of snowcapped mountains areound the city was lovely in spring. We enjoyed much more the cities of Malaga and Ronda, in the same general area. Torremolinos has great beaches with tapas bars.
- Travel (typos) - drwls, Thursday, March 5, 2009 at 11:43am
heard = herd
areound = around
There is not much to do in Granada except tour the Alhambra. The lunch that our tour group had there was one of the worst we had in Spain. If you Google with the words Alhambra and Granada, and click "images", you will get some idea of what it's like, and some pics to use in your Powerpoint. One of them is
- Travel - Ms. Sue, Thursday, March 5, 2009 at 2:27pm
Also check the link for Alhambra that I posted in the earlier answer.
- Travel - drwls, Friday, March 6, 2009 at 10:41pm
Also consider Bilbao in Basque country
Answer this Question
- Travel - Can someone tell me 4 places that I can visit in Spain. What's it like...
- English - I urgenlty need you to chekc these sentences. Thank you. 1) As you are...
- English - Here is the second part of the email. 1) We plan to involve a group of...
- Music - Okay, I have to do a powerpoint for Spain. And I need some background ...
- Travel (Quick Question) - Okay, so the Pamplona Bull Run. Is it an event/festivl...
- finance - You have been given the following information on a project: It has a 3...
- English - Can you please check my sentences together with a few more points I ...
- English - I urgently need to translate this. Actually, it refers to the ...
- management - Think of a recently completed group project that you have been ...
- Science question - for my science project I have to chose a planet that I would ...