Posted by Trevor on Thursday, March 5, 2009 at 12:53am.
Assume that you had 15 nuts (N) and 10 bolts (B). How many N2B molecules could you make by screwing two nuts onto each bolt?
There are two nuts for each bolt. We have 15 nuts so we can make 7.
I'm supposed to "Show all calculation for full credit." Is there anyway of setting up an algebraic equation to demonstrate the work I did?
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Thursday, March 5, 2009 at 12:45pm
You want to make N2B with two nuts on each bolt. Write a chemical equation.
2N + B = N2B (combo)
The equation is balanced.
Now try 10B and 15N to see how many N2B can be formed. Just like a stoichiometry problem.
15N x (1N2B/2N) = 7.5 and of course we can't have half a unit so that gives 7.0.
10B x (1N2B/B) = 10.
Therefore, 15 nuts is the limiting reagent; 7.0 is what can be formed.
You can show this in diagram fashion if you wish. Let + be nuts and ---- be the bolt.
7.0 full units.
8. half unit. +----
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - a.) Assume that you had 100 nuts (N) and 75 bolts (B). How many NB ...
- chemistry - 3. Answer the following questions: For each question show a balanced...
- MATH - 4. 8 bolts and 6 nuts weigh 138 grams. 3 bolts and 5 nuts weigh 71 grams...
- chemistry - a new compound composed of just Hex-Nuts and bolts is formed.A 13.7 ...
- statistics - drawer contains 50 bolts and 150 nuts. Half of the bolts and half ...
- chem - a new compound composed of just Hex-Nuts and bolts is formed.A 13.7 Kg ...
- Math grd 12 - The number of nuts in a package of Nutty's premium cashews is ...
- maths - Simon had 5/6kg of nuts. He repacked them into containers containing 1/...
- Math 10 - cashew nuts sell for $21.00/kg. Brazil nuts sell for $15.00/k. A ...
- math - cashew nuts sell for $21.00/kg. Brazil nuts sell for $15.00/k. A ...