Posted by Joy on Wednesday, March 4, 2009 at 7:29pm.
I am having a hard time figuring out the equations for these problems.
1) The perimeter of a rectangle is 160 feet. One fourth the length is the same as twice the width. Find the demensions for the rectangle.
2) Lorena bought 10 packs of styrofoam cups for the graduation dance. A pack of fity 12-oz cups costs $1.80 and a pack of fifty 16-oz cups costs $2.40. Lorena paid a total of $21.60 excluding tax. How many packs of each size cup did shy buy?
3) The Taylor family reunion had a record turnout of 38 people last year. For a change of pace, they decided to go ice skating instead of having a picnic. Admission for the group cost was $153.50 [including skates]. How many adults and children were at the reunion?
Admission and skate rental:
I really need help, please.
- 8th Grade Algebra: HELP ME PLEASE! - Damon, Wednesday, March 4, 2009 at 7:41pm
I will do one of them, then you try the others.
length = L
width = b
160 = 2L + 2 b
L/4 = 2 b
L = 8 b
so use 8 b for L
160 = 2 (8 b) + 2 b
160 = 18 b
b = 80/9
L = 8*80/9 = 640/9
160/9 + 1280/9 = 160, check
160/9 = 160/9 check
- 8th Grade Algebra: HELP ME PLEASE! - Joy, Wednesday, March 4, 2009 at 8:21pm
okay, is it okay if you can check my work later after I solve them ?
Answer this Question
- math 9th grade - the perimeter of a rectangle is 56 inches> the width of the ...
- basic geometric - 10. a rectangle has width the same as a side of a square whose...
- Algebra - If the trend continued, in how many years would the median home value ...
- Algebra 1 - Okay one last one that I've spent all night truing to figue out. 2. ...
- math,algebra - Can someone help me just to do the setup of this the two ...
- basic geometry - A rectangle has width the same asa a side of a square whose ...
- algebra - What is the width of a rectangle with a perimeter of 70 feet if its ...
- Math - The perimeter of a rectangle is 34 feet and the area measures 60 square ...
- Geometry - The perimeter of a rectangle is 76 feet. If the width is doubled and ...
- Correction Please - The length of a rectangle is 3 feet less than twice the ...