Posted by Alexius on Tuesday, March 3, 2009 at 7:14pm.
Question reads "There are a large number of supporters for the command economy and welfare state. A question arises as to which system is better. Suppose you are required to support the position that the command economy is vastly superior, State some arguments that could be used to defend this position. This one really has me stumped, from what I read the welfare State seems a lot better than the command economy, so I'm having troubles finding arguments that will make the command economy look superior, unless I'm missing something. Any links or something that could help me out with this? Anything would be greatly appreciated.
- Social Studies 30 Socialism - GuruBlue, Tuesday, March 3, 2009 at 7:19pm
Here are a number of sites that will help with this.
- Social Studies 30 Socialism - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, March 3, 2009 at 7:25pm
The command economy and the welfare state are about the same. The government makes all of the decisions and makes sure the people's needs are sufficiently met.
Are you supposed to decide between a command economy and its opposite an unplanned or market economy?
- Social Studies 30 Socialism - Alexius, Tuesday, March 3, 2009 at 7:57pm
Um, not sure about that, I think I have come up with some points that make command economy better than welfare state.
- Social Studies 30 Socialism - Alexius, Tuesday, March 3, 2009 at 8:00pm
Also, thanks for the link Guru blue, one other question, a command economy doesn't have Social Services, does it? Well, at least I couldn't find anything on it having social services.
- Social Studies 30 Socialism - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, March 3, 2009 at 8:08pm
A command economy provides for all of its citizens -- so in a sense, the entire government has social services.
Almost 14 years ago, I was in Vietnam which has a command economy. We spent two days with a government social worker who took us to the baby my friend was adopting. He handled the paper work, and I'm sure was informally assessing her as a suitabile parent.
- Social Studies 30 Socialism - Alexius, Wednesday, March 4, 2009 at 12:00pm
Oh, I see. Thanks for you help guys. :)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Social Studies - There are a large number of supporters for both the command ...
- government - capitalism is also called a a. command economy b. welfare state c. ...
- Social Studies - Because of her reform activities, which group would not have ...
- social studies - Can you help me? I am stumped! We are supposed to use our book ...
- economics - im learning about economics and the meaning of 3 economic systems ...
- 7th grade social studies - Fill in this blank The number of representatives for ...
- Social Studies - basic beliefs of command economy
- Social Studies - Please tell some information on Indiana's economy? Just get ...
- history - What is the difference between utilitarianism and socialism? A: ...
- Statistics - Suppose the U.S. president wants an estimate of the proportion of ...