Posted by Claire on Tuesday, March 3, 2009 at 7:09pm.
I can't figure out if the teacher is trying to trick me. I'm supposed to find the plural subject in the following sentences. I can't find a plural subject. Can you help me.
1. Yellowstone National Park is in Wyoming. (can't figure this out)
2. This park also spreads into Idaho and Montana. (can't figure this out)
3. Many people have visited the park. (I think Many people would be the plural subject)
4. Visitors were walking throughout the park. ( I think Visitors would be the plural subject)
5. Hikers have climbed the mountains.
(I think mountains would be the plural subject)
Thanks for your help.
3rd grade Grammar - GuruBlue, Tuesday, March 3, 2009 at 7:16pm
#'s 1 and 2 do not have plural subjects.
3. People is the subject, many is an adjective modifying it.
4. you are correct.
5. The verb is have climbed...so what is the subject of that verb?
3rd grade Grammar - Claire, Tuesday, March 3, 2009 at 7:19pm
3rd grade Grammar - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, March 3, 2009 at 7:36pm
Right. Hikers is the subject of # 5.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English grammar - The words here and there have generally been labeled as ...
- English ASAP Please - Which one of the following sentences demostates correct ...
- GRAMMAR - Does this sound ok for a subject verb agreement? Either the ...
- English - This is my sentence... When a single subject is being connected to a ...
- tenses - The muffins were fresh. When discussing tenses, the subject of the ...
- English - When the subject of the sentence is plural, should the nouns that ...
- Subject-verb agreement - which of the following sentences demonstrates proper ...
- 6th Grade English - Hello, I am looking at the subject of no-count nouns. Which ...
- English - The swimming strokes of the woman were jerky. Is this the correct verb...
- Grammar - In the following sentence, I am supposed to tell what is the simple ...