Posted by Jake on Monday, March 2, 2009 at 10:58pm.
Include an explanation, balanced chemical equation, units, significant figures and/or calculations where appropriate.
Standardization of NaOH Solution
0.501 g KHC8H4O4
15.22 mL NaOH
0.503 g KHC8H4O4
0.500 g KHC8H4O4
Using the data presented above, calculate the concentration of your standard sodium hydroxide solution. Include the calculation for each trial and the average.
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Monday, March 2, 2009 at 11:20pm
Are you asking me to do your homework? or your lab work? Tell me what you don't understand and I can help you through it.
- Chemistry - Jake, Monday, March 2, 2009 at 11:41pm
I'm not sure how to start it.
I know I need to have a balanced chemical equation, so...
KHC8H4O4 (aq) + NaOH (aq) --> H2O (l) + ????
Then once I figure this out, do I use the mass in each trial to find the moles of NaOH through stoichiometry.
Then divide the number of moles by the volume of NaOH.
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Monday, March 2, 2009 at 11:50pm
Simplify the KHC8H4O4 to KHT.
Then KHT + NaOH ==> NaKT + HOH
mols KHT = grams/molar mass
mols HHT = moles NaOH.
M NaOH = moles/L NaOH.
You will have a M for each trial, then average the values you obtain.
- Analytical Chemistry - Thando, Saturday, February 25, 2012 at 3:50am
Theory background of standardizing NaOH with KHP
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - Include an explanation, balanced chemical equation, units, ...
- Chemistry need response ASAP please - Calculate the mass KHC8H4O4 (molar mass= ...
- Chemistry - 1. WHy is KHC8H4O4 used as the acid in standardization titration? 2...
- chem - The following state were collected for determining the concentration of ...
- Chem - The following state were collected for determining the concentration of ...
- CHEM - The following data were collected for determining the concentration of ...
- chemistry - If the endpoint in the titration of KHC8H4O4 solution with the NaOH ...
- chemistry - if the endpoint in the tritration of the KHC8H4O4 solution with the ...
- Chemistry 12 - Hi, I did the acid-base titration lab with HCl and 0.5M NaOH. I ...
- Chemistry - In this reaction solid NaOH is added to approximately 100 mL of 0....