Posted by Bella on Monday, March 2, 2009 at 5:02pm.
Ms.Sue told me that the best thing would be to go and interview the chef.
but that is only for if i want to work with the chef right.
like if i was interested in restaurant management, talking to the owner would be a better choicce.. right?
- misc-college info - Ms. Sue, Monday, March 2, 2009 at 5:03pm
- misc-college info - Ms. Sue, Monday, March 2, 2009 at 5:06pm
Since many restaurants are parts of chains, you may want to talk with the manager of the restaurant.
A favorite local restaurant of mine is privately owned. However, the owner spent several years working for a chain of restaurants before he bought his own restaurant. This man is very accessible as he's in the restaurant mixing with customers most of the time.
- misc-college info - Bella, Monday, March 2, 2009 at 5:11pm
and most of the time their are many chef's not just one...how do you get information out of them...since i think most of the information i need should be from the manager or the owner.
thanks, this really helped me out
- misc-college info - Bella, Monday, March 2, 2009 at 5:20pm
one last thing...is it necessary to go to a culinary arts college or any college like GA Tech or GA state will give me what i need?
- misc-college info - Ms. Sue, Monday, March 2, 2009 at 5:24pm
Since you want to manage a restaurant, a bachelor's degree in business would be helpful -- but probably not necessary.
Why don't you start at a junior college for two years and work at a restaurant a few hours a week? That will give you the basics. In three years, you may decide to transfer to a four-year school to earn a bachelor's degree.
- misc-college info - Bella, Monday, March 2, 2009 at 5:38pm
ok...this is exactly what i needed to know :) thanks for all the help Ms.Sue
i'll be posting up more questions later on as i go through what you guy's have told me :)
- misc-college info - Ms. Sue, Monday, March 2, 2009 at 5:45pm
You're welcome, Bella.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Careers - How has the job of a sous chef changed over time? I'm not too sure ...
- careers - What part of food science does the career of sous chef fall under? ...
- analogies - chef is to kitchen as A.blacksmith is to foundry B.teacher is to ...
- Math - You are working as an assistant to a chef. The chef has 6 cups of berries...
- math equation - A chef is preparing a recipe for an upcoming banquet. Normally, ...
- math - 4 PARTS TO THIS...SOUNDS CHINESE...HELP! Chef Alonso is creating a recipe...
- Math - A recipe for cake calls for 5 and 1/4 cup of flour. The chef mistakenly ...
- Math - It took Chef Flay 3/4 hour to buy groceries and 1 1/2 hours to prepare a ...
- Math,Ratio - a chef uses salt and sugar in the ratio 2:7 to make a sauce.if the ...
- Physics - In a very busy off-campus eatery one chef sends a 241-g broccoli-...