Posted by Ms. Suzie on Monday, March 2, 2009 at 12:27pm.
1.A plane takes off at an angle of 6 degrees traveling at the rate of 200 feet/second. If it continues on this flight apth at the same speed, how many minutes will it take to reach a n altitude of 8000 feet?
2. A plane takes off at an angle of 5 degrees. After traveling 1 mile along this flight path, how high (in feet) is the plane above the ground?
- Precalculus - drwls, Monday, March 2, 2009 at 12:35pm
1. The rate of elevation increase is 200* sin 6 = 20.9 ft/s. Divide 8000 feet by that number for the number of SECONDS it takes. Then convert that to minutes. I get about 6 1/3 minutes.
2. 5280 feet* sin 5
- Precalculus - Ms. Suzie, Monday, March 2, 2009 at 12:40pm
Another question is a guy wire stretches from the top of an antenna tower to a point on level ground 18 feet from the base of the tower. The angle between the wire and the ground is 63 degrees. How high is the tower?
So said the tower was 3503 fet high because i did tan63 * 18; I feel this answer is wrong..if it is can you please give me the right answer and explain why my mehtod was wrong?
- Precalculus - Reiny, Monday, March 2, 2009 at 12:57pm
mmmhh, my calculator says 18(tan63) = 35.32
- Precalculus - Ms. Suzie, Monday, March 2, 2009 at 12:58pm
i asking is this answer the right answer though?
- Precalculus - Reiny, Monday, March 2, 2009 at 1:00pm
tan 63 = height/18
height = 18tan63
- Precalculus - Ms. Suzie, Monday, March 2, 2009 at 1:01pm
- Precalculus - Jenna-fer, Monday, March 2, 2009 at 1:03pm
good job ladies. thats what i like to see. :)
- Precalculus - Ms. Suzie, Monday, March 2, 2009 at 1:06pm
Answer this Question
- ALGEBRA 2 - A plane takes off from an aiport and flies east at a speed of 350 mi...
- algebraic reasoning - Josephine likes to go hang gliding. she took off from a ...
- math - an air plane takes off with an elevation of 27degrees. what is the total ...
- math - When an F14 fighter jet takes off, its wings are 110 degrees from the ...
- Math - A military plane maintains an altitude of 15,000 feet over a vast flat ...
- Precalculus - 1. A plane takes off, making an angle of a = 17° with the ground. ...
- Algebra - An airplane takes off from an airport at 7:00 a.m. traveling at a ...
- Math - The distance to fly direct from Detroit to Los Angeles is about 1,960 ...
- Physics - A small plane takes off with a constant speed of 130 km/h at an angle ...
- Trig application - I have been working on this problem but I am not sure I am ...