Posted by y912f on Monday, March 2, 2009 at 10:43am.
so for my work i have to pick a career choice and do some research on the basic information needed for that choice
for example: i am interested in culinary arts. ..can someone give me information like, how many years of college you must take, and what are the major subjects to focus on..what yu sould major in
what are some good colleges for this field in the state of Georgia
i don't really need internet links..i've done a lot of researching.
please if anyone can provide me with any related information it would be greatly appreciated.
misc-college info - bobpursley, Monday, March 2, 2009 at 11:11am
Usually, this is not a college program, but rather than a vocational training program. There are some community colleges that have a solid associate's degree (in the Los Angeles area).
You really need to love food, hard work, long hours, and have a sense of refined taste and visual sense. I recommend you try it at as a cook's helper for awhile. Be prepared to scrub dishes for several months.
In the Atlanta area, these are probably the top schools.
This field is not something that you get a degree and suddenly magic occurs, and you are a chef. Kneading dough takes strong arms, and the leavening takes time, before you can begin to bake.
Visit a local chef, and stay out of the way.
misc-college info - y912f, Monday, March 2, 2009 at 12:25pm
so when you're in college,...what should you focus on most...like what subjects, or electives?
misc-college info - Bella, Monday, March 2, 2009 at 12:59pm
what i'm trying to ask is that, after highschool, what should be my next move?
misc-college info - Ms. Sue, Monday, March 2, 2009 at 3:02pm
When you're a senior in high school, be sure to follow Bobpursley's advice. Work in a restaurant's kitchen or at least talk with a couple of chefs. Visit and investigate local junior colleges and the culinary schools in his link.
misc-college info - Bella, Monday, March 2, 2009 at 4:32pm
ok, ..but, how do you get in touch with chefs?
do they allow seniors to do that?
misc-college info - Ms. Sue, Monday, March 2, 2009 at 4:45pm
how do you get in touch with chefs?
1. Go into a restaurant of the type you think you'd like to work in. Choose a time when it isn't very busy.
2. Tell the waiter that you'd like to interview the chef for a school project.
3. Be prepared to return at a time that's more convenient for the chef.
misc-college info - Bella, Monday, March 2, 2009 at 4:49pm
oh ok...thanks a lot! :D
misc-college info - Bella, Monday, March 2, 2009 at 4:53pm
but that is only for if i want to work with the chef right.
like if i was interested in restaurant management, talking to the owner would be a better choicce.. right?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Co-op - I have been given a cooperative education placement and career research ...
- nutrition and wellness - i have to write a research paper on a topic concerning ...
- misc-college info - Ms.Sue told me that the best thing would be to go and ...
- Business Research and writing - How do I analyze this data below? Thank you for ...
- marketing - A manufacturer of a new product for whitening teeth would like to ...
- msg for Sra (art) - Thanks for your help. Dawn Dupree was the artist given to us...
- Medical transcription HIPAA research project - I have never done a research ...
- Custer's Last Stand - I have only been around for two research days for this big...
- Quick Help (urgent) - How do you know the information presented on the sites are...
- physical science - A disturbance sends ripples across water in a tub. These ...