Post a New Question


posted by .

How can I determine which elements have higher first and second ionization energies than other elements? Also, how can I find the number of valence electrons from the electron configuration? Also, how can I use the electron configuration to find out what element it is talking about?

  • chemistry -

    Generally, high IPs are from the non-metals such s F and Cl, N, O, S, etc. That is Na, K, Ca, Ba, have relatively low first IPs.
    You can find all of that information at

    Use the electronic configuration by looking at the periodic table. Why don't you ask the problem instead of trying to piece it out to us. That way we can give you some hints to try instead of writing a chapter of a book about the three questions you have asked.

Answer This Question

First Name:
School Subject:

Related Questions

More Related Questions

Post a New Question