Posted by Literature Help on Saturday, February 28, 2009 at 3:37pm.
Please help me I'm not doing homework but research on Shakespeare's sonnet
Shall I Compare Thee To a Summer's day? Why does Shakespeare refute his claim?
- literature - Writeacher, Saturday, February 28, 2009 at 3:45pm
I'm not sure what "claim" you're referring to, but here are some places where you can research S's sonnets:
Read the whole article, including the 2nd paragraph, carefully. Also check out all the External Links at the bottom of this webpage.
Many articles in here to read.
- literature - Literature Help, Saturday, February 28, 2009 at 3:51pm
I read all the articles and I still don't fully understand.
- literature - Writeacher, Saturday, February 28, 2009 at 4:05pm
I don't either because I don't know what "claim" of Shakespeare's you're referring to.
- literature - Literature Help, Saturday, February 28, 2009 at 4:17pm
The question on my research paper asks "What does Shakespeare then say he refutes the claim?"
- literature - Ms. Sue, Saturday, February 28, 2009 at 4:30pm
Shakespeare asks the title question, and then describes summer as ephemeral and less than ideal. Near the end, he states that the object of the poem is perfect.
"So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
So long lives this and this gives life to thee."
- literature - Laysia, Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 10:48am
2.In Shakespeare’s day, poets often made extravagant claims about the person they loved. What extravagant claim is made at the start of this poem?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- literature - In "Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Day?" Shakespeare claims ...
- Shakespeare help - On the same research paper I'm doing for the same poem "Shall...
- Eng B - Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day? Thou art more lovely and more ...
- Enlish-College - Why could one say that "Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Day...
- English - f this be error and upon me proved/ I nevered writ, nor no man ever ...
- literature - help with quiz 00779000 is the answer to question 3 a In "shall i ...
- English - I failed my english test there was a couple of questions I had wrong ...
- literature - Compare shakespeare sonnet 130 and edmund sonnet 130
- British literature - compare and contrast the themes and strutures of Edmunds ...
- English- Shakespeare - Some people believe Shakespeare's plays were not really ...