Posted by pazley on Friday, February 27, 2009 at 9:32pm.
I have answered all of the questions and need help with some of the explanations. Please help.
1. A Sentence A is better because the word activist is plural so therefore I think the word have is singular. Subject and verb agrees with each other
2. B Sentence B is better because the word “papers” is plural and the sentence is about more than one item
6. B Sentence B is correct because laid is the better choice because. The person is trying to find their book so “laid” is past tense and “lay” is present.
7. B Sentence B is correct here because the word “am” is present tense. The person is asking if the opportunity still exists because they are still interested. The word “was” is past tense so this would mean the person is not interested anymore but the end of the sentence says that they are.
8. A Sentence A is correct because I think the word “have” should be used here because the show is still aired and the sentence without the word have would be past tense and the writer is talking about all the contestants past and present
9. A Sentence A makes more sense because built means the Egyptians built it in the past and Sentence B means that they started building it in the past and are finishing it in the present.
10. A Sentence A is correct because the antecedent is “students” and the word “their” is referring to the students not the classes.
11. B Sentence B is correct because the word “patients” is the antecedent and the word “they” is referring to the patients. Sentence A cannot be correct because the word they is not referring to the doctors.
12. B Sentence B is correct here because the new vehicle would be singular here so therefore the new vehicle would be an “it” not a “them”
14. B Sentence B is the best answer to this question because the word “or” means either one or the other not both so the word to us would be “it”
15. A Sentence A is the best choice because the word ”their” would mean man or woman and the second choice is only saying “his” and we do not know if the mayor or the council members are male or female so therefore the word his should not be used. This is sexiest.
16. B Sentence B is the best choice because the word “anyone” is singular so therefore “anyone” here would not be the word “they” it would be “his or her.”
17. A Sentence A makes more sense because the antecedent is “each” and I think it is singular and “his or hers” sounds better.
18. B Sentence A is saying that the brother knows more about technology than he knows about him “me”
Sentence B is saying that the brother knows more about technology than the other brother does by using the word “I”
20. A Sentence A makes more sense because this sentence uses the correct pronoun. The word “me” being used would sound like they were saying “me are going” and this is not correct.
21. A Sentence A makes more sense because they are asking what particular person was the star of the movie.
22. B Sentence B makes more sense because we are unsure whom the letter belongs. “Whom” means to whomever it needs to go to.
23. A Sentence A made more sense to me because we already know who “who” is. “Whom” in sentence B would be what you would use when you are unsure on who is being talked about.
24. B Sentence is clearer on what made the terrible noise. Sentence A could mean the car made the terrible noise or the tree made a terrible noise
25. A Sentence A shows what “this” is talking about, which is pollution
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - 1. None of the guests (has, have) left. 2. Each of these apples (is, ...
- I CAN'T THINK OF A WORD- PLEASE HELP!!! - I can’t think of the word- please help...
- English - Is toast singular, plural, or both? Is the word plethora used ...
- English - 1.Everyone in the club (has, have) read this book. 2.Most of the field...
- Spanish - Answer the following questions about demonstrative adjectives. Answer ...
- 3 grade english - directions- write each sentence. replace the underline word or...
- english vocab word - can you please help me -- I need a sentence using the word...
- English - A sentence with a compound predicate a.may have a singular subject. b....
- correction - One of people’s favorite hobbies is to listen to music. is there ...
- English grammar - (with words that indicate portions) If the object of the ...