Posted by Ruben on Thursday, February 26, 2009 at 6:21pm.
Write the missing number in each fraction so that the fraction belongs in the box. Write one more fraction that can go in the box. 1. 2/3 /9 12/ 20/ /12
4th grade - Mr. L., Thursday, February 26, 2009 at 6:40pm
check your question... i don't see any box
4th grade - Larry, Thursday, February 26, 2009 at 6:49pm
Lets say 2/3 is the root fraction.
you wanted to solve /9. you know the denominator of both those fractions.
3, and 9. what would you multiply 3 by to get 9? You would times it by 3.
Whatever you do to the bottom you do to the top.
So, it would be 2x3=6. The answer is: 6/9.
If your trying to solve the denominator, 12/
find out what 2 multiplies by to get 12. Answer: 6. You multiply 3 by 6 and get 18. The answer is 12/18.
Try the rest by yourself, and post them here. And I will be glad to help if you have any more questions.
math - michell, Wednesday, March 4, 2009 at 7:52pm
Ms.w ordered new uniforms for the basketball team. The boxes of uniforms are stacked in the gym. How many boxes of uniforms are there?
4th grade - Janay, Monday, March 18, 2013 at 6:37pm
4th grade - dj, Thursday, February 2, 2017 at 9:17pm
write the missing improper fraction in each box
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math againn (converting decimals) - Write 6.4% as a decimal and as a fraction. ...
- Third Grade Math - What fraction would these coins represent? 3 Quarters, 4 ...
- math - write a definition for an equivalent fraction. A. a fraction of ...
- math - 15/box is a fraction that lies between 1/7 and 1/8. what is the missing ...
- Maths - When the numerator and denominator of a fraction are each increased by 5...
- math - i need some to explain how to turn 1.05 into a fraction Do you know how ...
- math - Will someone please show me how to do this problem. I have to write this ...
- 5th grade math - eight states border one or more of the five great lakes.write a...
- 5th grade - Eight states border one or more of the five Great Lakes. Write a ...
- Math help, anyone? - Solve the proportion. Where necessary, round to the nearest...