Posted by Chelsea on Thursday, February 26, 2009 at 6:05pm.
Explain how to find the mean hat size of four students.
I don't understand this question, could I get some help?
4th grade - drwls, Thursday, February 26, 2009 at 6:08pm
Add the hat sizes of the four students (which for some reason are usually denoted by numbers between 6 and 8) and divide the sum by 4.
4th grade - Mr. L., Thursday, February 26, 2009 at 6:09pm
They want to know if you know how to tell them how to get the mean using mathematical language in your sentence answer. If you know how to calculate the mean then plug the words of hat and four students into that sentence. Attempt and i'll check your answer
4th grade - Chelsea, Thursday, February 26, 2009 at 6:12pm
Would it be: To find the mean you would meausure the size of 4 students heads, add the calculations together and divide that by 4?
4th grade - Chelsea, Thursday, February 26, 2009 at 6:13pm
Mr.L is that correct?
4th grade - Mr. L., Thursday, February 26, 2009 at 6:27pm
That sounds good to me but i would include the word average in a second sentence like " That is how i would find the average hat size." Teachers love to see math in pictures , words and numbers! I should know, i teach.
4th grade - Anonymous, Monday, April 11, 2011 at 5:38pm
what is attempt
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 4th grade - Mr.L would it be: To find the mean you would measure the size of 4 ...
- MATH - there are 400 students at smith Elementary school 1/4 of the students are...
- 11th grade - The students of litchfield High school are in grades 9,10,11,12. Of...
- 4th grade math - A shirt costs $15. A pair of sneakers costs four times as much...
- Confidence Interval - Hi, I need some help with a problem. Here is my example ...
- Geometry - John bought a conical hat on a recent trip to central Vietnam. The ...
- Math - Hat sizes are determined by measuring the circumference of one's head in ...
- statistics - An IQ is designed so that the mean is 100 and the standard ...
- Statistics - An IQ test is designed so that the mean is 100 and the standard ...
- Statistics - 80. Florida State University has 14 statistics classes scheduled ...