Posted by Chelsea on Thursday, February 26, 2009 at 5:57pm.
The mean of five numbers is 60. Four of the numbers are 50, 60, 40, and 80. What is the fifth number.
4th grade math - Mr. L., Thursday, February 26, 2009 at 6:01pm
Mean is the average of a set of numbers. So add and divide by the number of digits you added. This is little different. Let see here....50+60+40+80=230 / 4 = 57.5 close....hmmmm....Trial and error...230+60=300 / 5 =
4th grade math - drwls, Thursday, February 26, 2009 at 6:01pm
Hint: The sum for the five numbers will have to be 300 if the mean is to be 60.
With the first four numbers, the sum is 230. What do you have to add to that to get 300?
4th grade math - Mr. L., Thursday, February 26, 2009 at 6:03pm
oops i meant 230 + ? = 300 /5 = 60
4th grade math - Chelsea, Thursday, February 26, 2009 at 6:06pm
4th grade math - caitlin, Tuesday, March 3, 2009 at 4:07pm
4th grade math - Jermaine, Tuesday, March 3, 2009 at 10:31pm
how to write a sum in simplest form.
4th grade math - nancy, Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 5:27pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- programming - Problem 6.9 Lottery Number Generator A lottery commission offers ...
- Grade 8 Math - Can you write them in Mathematical/numbers form I'll solve them ...
- Math - The average of five number is 56. Four of the numbers are the same. The ...
- math - What is findind a five number summary of each ser of numbers 7,7,5,4,1,9,...
- math - Four different positive integers sum to one hundred twenty-five. If you ...
- Math - Change the base five numbers to equivalent base ten numbers. Also take ...
- Maths - Four numbers have a mean of 6. Two numbers are added and the mean ...
- Check Math Answers!! - 1.Find the mean: 12, 8, 7, 10, 8, 8, 10 A)63 B)12.6 C)9...
- algebra - find five numbers with a mean of 16, a median of 15 a mode of 21 and a...
- math - you have 2 positive numbers. One number is one-fifth of the other number....