Posted by Jaida on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 at 10:49pm.
1) An exam will have 20 questions worth a total of 100 points. There will be True-False questions worth 3 points each and short essay questions worth 11 points each. Several students ask how many essay questions there will be, but the teacher won't tell. How many essay questions will there be.
8th Grade Algebra - drwls, Wednesday, February 25, 2009 at 10:58pm
let x = number of true-false questions
let y = number of essay questions
x + y = 20
3x + 11 y = 100
Solve those two equations. I assume you know how. Substitution is one way.
8th Grade Algebra - Jaida, Wednesday, February 25, 2009 at 11:15pm
I got 15 T-F Questions
and 5 Essay Questions.
is that right ??
8th Grade Algebra - drwls, Wednesday, February 25, 2009 at 11:16pm
check: 45 + 55 = 100
8th Grade Algebra - Jaida, Wednesday, February 25, 2009 at 11:20pm
Thank You very mcuh.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - A history test is to have 20 questions in which some are multiple ...
- math - An Algebra I test contains 40 questions. Some of the questions are worth ...
- Algebra - An Algebra I test contains 30 questions. Some of the questions are ...
- Math - A 100 point test contains a total of 20 questions. The multiple choice ...
- please math help - A test has twenty questions worth 100 points. The test ...
- math - A physics test has twenty questions worth 100 points. The test consists ...
- algebra - A 24 question mathematics exam is worth 100 points. There are fill-in-...
- math - What are the important variables in the problem below? A test is worth 50...
- (Math) Help me solve this Pls. - Write a linear system of equations that can be ...
- Algebra - A test has 15 questions worth 100 points in total. The test consists ...