1. If x^2 + 8x + m has a double root if it is a perfect square. Select a value of m that makes it one
2. Is the problem to rewrite
-15 - sqrt(-125)?
If so, the two different expressions you wrote are not equal
3. 25 -30i -9 = -30i + 16. yes
4. You have written a polynomial expression but not an equation. Expressions can be rearranged but do not have "solutions". If you are looking for the soution to
25x^2 -20x +1 = 0, what you wrote is not it. The first term would be 20/50 = 2/5
1. if there is a double root, then the curve must touch the x-axis, and the factors must be x-a)(x-a), where a is the contact value on the x-axis
which means that x^2 + 8x + m must be a perfect square, looks like m has to be 16
and the x-axis contact point would be (4,0)
So what do you think about the vertex?
2. Are you simplifying -15 - √-125 ?
if so, then
-15 - √-125
= -15 -5√25*√-1
= -15 - 25i
were you trying to factor that? if so, then
= -5(3 + 5i)
4. your wording is horrible
are you asking to solve 25x^2-20x+1 = 0 by the quadratic formula?
then x = (20 ± √300)/50
= (20 ± 10√3)/50
= (2 ± √3)/5
Discrete Mathematics - 3. A tutoring site wants to see how time spent studying ...
Discrete Mathematics - A tutor website wants to see how time spent studying for ...
math final studying - beth scored 75 on her first math test. she scored 20 % ...
studying - I was wondering if anyone had some good studying tips. I have a big ...
math - Ebony spent 1/6 of her weekend studying for her English test. She spent 3...
Studying tips. . . - This is a kind of general question, but I was wondering if ...
Biopsychology - What are the four methods for studying the cerebral ...
English - A team of explorers ___________ the ocean floor. A.were studying B.are...
statistics in health care - If a researcher were studying the effects of a ...
Lingusitics - Hello everyone!! For these six sentences, I have to explain what ...