1. If x^2 + 8x + m has a double root if it is a perfect square. Select a value of m that makes it one
2. Is the problem to rewrite
-15 - sqrt(-125)?
If so, the two different expressions you wrote are not equal
3. 25 -30i -9 = -30i + 16. yes
4. You have written a polynomial expression but not an equation. Expressions can be rearranged but do not have "solutions". If you are looking for the soution to
25x^2 -20x +1 = 0, what you wrote is not it. The first term would be 20/50 = 2/5
1. if there is a double root, then the curve must touch the x-axis, and the factors must be x-a)(x-a), where a is the contact value on the x-axis
which means that x^2 + 8x + m must be a perfect square, looks like m has to be 16
and the x-axis contact point would be (4,0)
So what do you think about the vertex?
2. Are you simplifying -15 - √-125 ?
if so, then
-15 - √-125
= -15 -5√25*√-1
= -15 - 25i
were you trying to factor that? if so, then
= -5(3 + 5i)
4. your wording is horrible
are you asking to solve 25x^2-20x+1 = 0 by the quadratic formula?
then x = (20 ± √300)/50
= (20 ± 10√3)/50
= (2 ± √3)/5
Answer this Question
Math - Linda got a math test handed back to her and got a 96% on it. However she...
math - i'm studying for a test on rational expressions and i just wanted to know...
chemistry - what is the total number of electrons shared in a double covalent ...
Math - Here are the questions I need help with, please help. [(1/4)^-3 divide ...
Math Ms. Sue - Here are the questions I need help with, please help. [(1/4)^-3 ...
Great News!!! :) (for teachers!!!) - GOT A 102 ON FACS SPELLING TEST GOT 100 ON...
Math Please Urgent - Here are the questions I need help with, please help. [(1/...
Algebra - I have a few questions that I am not too sure about, could you please ...
MATH - i need to write each expression as a product of the same factor: * = ...
math exponents - i need to write each expression as a product of the same factor...