Posted by Mike on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 at 4:34pm.
What did Horace Greeley think about slavery and what kind of community did he think America should be?
I researched him and found out that he wants to abolish slavery but my teacher wants us to explain in detail.
Social Studies - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, February 25, 2009 at 4:44pm
You must have found the answers to these questions in your research. Think about the 5 W's -- Who, What, Where, When, Why -- and How.
This site may also help you.
Social Studies - Mike, Wednesday, February 25, 2009 at 5:09pm
I read it but i still don't get what commmunity he thought America should be?
It said that he was involved in almost every political and social issue of his era so He isn't really specific in one thing besides wanting womens rights and freeeing slaves.
Does that mean that he just America to be a free country giving everyone equal rights and opportunities?
Social Studies - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, February 25, 2009 at 5:13pm
Yes, I think you've summarized Greeley's view of an ideal community.
For a brief time he was interested in utopian communities. That site also points out his concern for workers. I think he saw a purely egalitarian community. He wasn't a socialist, though, because he didn't want the government owning businesses or interfering with individual freedoms.
Social Studies - Mike, Wednesday, February 25, 2009 at 5:16pm
ok thanks:) You've helped a lot
Social Studies - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, February 25, 2009 at 5:25pm
You're welcome! :-)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Social Studies - you may remember me from before but yah so I got information ...
- history - The goal of the Lecompton constitution was to a. establish slavery in ...
- Soc. Studies - Which description best captures Abraham Lincoln's approach to ...
- 7th grade - Social Studies - how do you think women and native americans felt ...
- Social Studies - Which statement best describes how slavery was presented in ...
- 7th grade- Social Studies - I need help on these questions! Q.ow many brothers ...
- History - What in his life made president Lincoln want to abolish slavery? I ...
- Social Studies - Hi can you please give me 2 famous Americans that were alive in...
- history - 3.Although Lincoln identified slavery as a "moral, political, and ...
- Social Studies - Why did the Dred Scott v. Sandford decision anger Northerners? ...