Posted by Chopsticks on Monday, February 23, 2009 at 7:31pm.
how would i graph log3x the 3 is subscripted?
I remember that I had to make an X and Y chart and list the Domain and Range
- Math+graphing Log - Brandon, Monday, February 23, 2009 at 7:47pm
Logarithms are the inverse of exponents. The base here is three and whatever to the right of the equals sign is the raised up exponent. You have the power to find coordinate point values by merely switching the input and output columns of this T-chart that you are mentioning. Come up with enough to plot a graph for the exponents and then just do a switcheroo (first (x,y) then (y,x)) in order to find what the logarithm graph would look like.
- Math+graphing Log - Chopsticks, Monday, February 23, 2009 at 7:51pm
Can you show me how its done? I'm not very good at reading math directions and then figuring them out.
Can you work it out for me please?
- Math+graphing Log - Reiny, Monday, February 23, 2009 at 8:14pm
by the definition of logs
if y = log 3x
then 3^y = x
so in making a table of values, pick any value of y and calculate x
make sure you enter those values under the correct columns for x and y
Keep you y values relatively small, since 3^y gets large in a hurry for positive y's
I suggest using y = 0, ±1,±2
if you have a calculator handy, you can of course use decimals for y as well
eg. y = .25
then 3^.25 = 1.316 = x
so (1.316,.25) would be a point.
Estimate its position on the graph.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- pre calculus - I believe that the domain for f(x) = log subscript 3 (1-x) is x ...
- MAth - how do i find the domain and range of equations? example: f(x)=ab.solute ...
- Algebra (Last Question) - I have - to graph each relation - decide if it is a ...
- math - describe the transformation of y=log (x-4) -1 2 from the graph of y=log X...
- Calculus - Math questions, please help me? :(? Find the composite functions f o ...
- Math (pre-calculus) - Hey! I have a domain and range question! I don't remember ...
- math - i suck at domain and range.... this doesn't make any sense... a. Given ...
- Math 3 - graphing log functions for y=log12^x I don't have a calculator for this...
- graphing - Can someone explain what quadrant this would be in and the domain and...
- MATH Graphing Domain - Consider the linear function with equation y = 3x + 5. ...