Posted by Bella on Monday, February 23, 2009 at 11:40am.
my first paragraph of the evaluative essay:
"Daughter of Invention" by Julia Alvarez is a great example of how families struggle when they move to a totally new place. The main reason this story was such a big success was because of the use of character development. The story really brings out each character's feelings and how they change throughout the story.
this is just my intro paragraph....in the others i will give details on how they change and support them with evidence from the book. i will also post them up
please review this for me...if i need any change pleeease let me know!
literature - Bella, Monday, February 23, 2009 at 11:41am
i just realized i only have 3 sentences
is there anything i need to or can add?
literature - Writeacher, Monday, February 23, 2009 at 12:08pm
What does your outline or plan for the rest of the paper include? Please post it. No need to fret over an intro for a paper that's not written yet!!
literature - GuruBlue, Monday, February 23, 2009 at 12:09pm
The titles of novels are underlined, not put into quotes.
Be more specific... the family immigrates form Santo Domingo to the US.
Who are the people in the family? Start sentences with the main idea in the sentence... ie Character development makes this book extremely interesting. Make your thesis statement specifically about the changes that develop.
literature - Bella, Monday, February 23, 2009 at 12:12pm
thanks GuruBlue, i will do that
Writeacher, my plan just says: you'll write an evaluative essay offering you well-considered judgment on a piece of literature. this essay is not just an opinion though; you offer your evaluation and then support it with reasons and evidence to support your reasons
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- literature/new,revised intro - this is my intro after i made changes: Daughter ...
- Literature - As a prewriting exercise for my evaluative essay, I have to open ...
- lit/intro and 1st paragraph - so here it is [ again ]: Daughter of Invention [...
- American Literature - What do the pieces you read by Richard Rodriguez, Amy Tan...
- english - compare and contrast the conflicts in john updike's "son" and julia ...
- Literature - This is one of my pre-writing exercise: Have you ever noticed that ...
- reading - is there anywhere i can read the story "my first free summer" by julia...
- English - Not sure... Choose the citation that uses the correct MLA ...
- english - Choose an essay or a short story to read. Then answer the following ...
- Literature - I have to write an evaluative essay on the short story A Christmas ...