Posted by aqua on Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 7:28pm.
darrin hiked the shortest route from the trailhead to hart moutin in 73.4 hours. what is the avarage number of miles he hiked in 1 hour?
- math - Ms. Sue, Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 7:33pm
How many miles is it from Trailhead to Hart Mountain?
- math - aqua, Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 7:42pm
10 in 5 7ths
- math - Ms. Sue, Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 7:44pm
Do you mean 10 5/7 miles?
- math - aqua, Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 7:49pm
yes thats what i mean
- math - Ms. Sue, Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 8:03pm
This must be a snail doing the hiking.
10.71 divided by 73.4 = 0.146 miles per hour. That's a little longer than a football field.
Are you using a map scale?
- math - aqua, Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 8:07pm
yes im using a map that tells how many miles to get to the places!
- math - Ms. Sue, Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 8:12pm
I bet that you measured on your map and found that it was 10 5/7 inches from one place to another. Now use your map scale to find out how far that would be in actual miles.
Check this site.
- math - aqua, Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 8:16pm
i know the ansewer is 2 2/3 i just dont know how to work it out.
- math - Ms. Sue, Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 8:44pm
If Darrin averaged 2 2/3 miles per hour on a 73.4 hour long hike, then the distance must be about 31.5 miles. Check your distance again.
Answer this Question
- math - Carlos hiked 1 and 3/4 miles along a nature trail to a fork in the trial...
- Math - The trail is 2989 miles long. It begins in City A and ends in City B. ...
- 8th grade Algebra - Sharon and her camping group hiked 6 miles due north, ...
- MATH - Without taking a single break, mercedes hiked for 10 hours, up a mountain...
- math - John and Susan hiked up an 18-mile mountain trail at 5mph. They hiked ...
- college geometry - The distance between Sue and a dude ranch was 30 miles ...
- math - celeste hiked 1.8 miles in 0.75 hour. What is her average rate of speed?
- college algebra - Solve the problem. A man rode a bicycle for 12 miles and then ...
- algebra - Jennifer cut a board 2 m long into two pieces. One piece is 24 cm ...
- 5th Grade Math - Eduardo and his friends niked 7/4 miles. What mied number shows...